Serveta 200 frame ignition hole.What year?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
speedy
Main scooter: lambretta af s type ts1

Supereibar wrote:I have seen Jet200's as early as 1972 with the hole behind the seat for the ignition.

J.
Would the 72 models be wearing SX bodywork? That's thrown me. Spoke to another mate late last night and he had a 78 jet.No indicators or odd back light and deffo no hole in rear of frame. My own 1980 jet has the hole,but a blanking rubber and an ignition in the headset,but I think that was fitted later,especially if the motoplat electronic on mine was not original to the bike.God knows. :roll:
totally scooters
Dealer
Main scooter: Eibar TV Lambretta

I don't know for definate when the hole was added to the rear frame, but as Jamie says, there are early 1970's examples out there.

Yes, the 72/73 models wore yellow ochre bodywork including SX200 type side panels. Some of these models have holes in the rear frames and others don't. The ones with holes in the rear frame pressing do tend to be the higher spec (and USA spec) models with stalk indicators.

The Spanish fitted ignition switches as an optional extra, hence why you see cut out button's on later 1970's models. Not sure why the switch position was moved from the headset to the rear frame pressing. Yes, black plastic round blanks are often stuck in either the headset hole or the rear frame pressing hole.

All Spanish built Lambretta's ended up with holes in the rear frame pressing by the early 1980's.

I doubt that your friend's JET has been changed or re-welded. If 1974 then it sounds OK.

Hope this helps. Cheers Perry
speedy

Thanks Perry and everyone else,it's quite bizzare how the Serveta models have so many strange little things.The Jet I have is my first Spanish bike,so i'm a virgin to em to be honest.So it's looking like me mates Jet is legit then at that and I've learnt summat,so jobs a good un.Cheers,Speedy.
coaster

My 82 Series 80 Jet has the hole at the rear with a chrome blanking plug, not sure it that's original? I did hear somewhere that the rear ignition switch position was abandoned due to the keys scratching the paint on the side panel. No to hard to imagine a stock of frame hoops with the hole being sidelined in favour of non hole ones only to find their way back onto production bikes a few years later to use them up?
gerryjunior
Xbox live gamer tag: no
Playstation gamer tag: no
Main scooter: lambretta li 2

I had an early eighty's one and the throttle stuck open while i was driving down a narrow street , no fun trying to reach the key at the rear while holding in the clutch lever , i nearly s**t my sta prest :D
speedy

gerryjunior wrote:I had an early eighty's one and the throttle stuck open while i was driving down a narrow street , no fun trying to reach the key at the rear while holding in the clutch lever , i nearly s**t my sta prest :D
That's a very funny image :lol: :lol: :lol:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information