Remote problems....will a dyno sort it...?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

Posted this problem before and happens if I stall.....scoot will start but revs won't pick up. Turn petrol off wait 30 seconds or more then just as petrol runs out revs pick up then turn petrol on. I have just fitted a breath sweet tonight but have the same problem. Will a dyno identify the problem? I have one booked next week.
camel

i take it runs ok without the filter?normally if its jetted ok and not spitting out a load of fuel(is it?)the breath sweet should be ok,ive ran one on two different top ends with no issues
the problem is if its chucking out a lot of fuel it will collect in the rubber elbow and run rich or flood
a dyno session should in theory sort this,but you should get a ballpark jetting figure to alow it to run from info/questions on here
what is your set up?
ktmh5
Main scooter: GP225 Mugello

You don't say what carb but I have had this with ALL the jetex carbs I have had but NEVER with a PHBH.
Timbo

GP 200 slightly tuned, 26 delly just put a MB big bore back on having run it over the last month with a standard clubman and open carb. Have started now with 100 main jet but not run it on the road yet. Haven't fiddled with the air screw. When run open mouth it spewed out a lot of petrol so this is obviously the problem.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

You've previously had problems with excessive fuel consumption. You need to join the dots.
lambro

Doom Patrol wrote:You've previously had problems with excessive fuel consumption. You need to join the d.o.t.s.

D.O.T.S ???

Discussion Of Timbos Spitback??

:lol:
Timbo

Doom Patrol wrote:You've previously had problems with excessive fuel consumption. You need to join the dots.

I've asked a differant question, if you take your blinkers off you will see that.
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

Yes you have but you've not joined the dots nor taken note of previous advice which is linked to your current problem at all, but that's fairly typicalbo frankly, if anyones wearing f@@king blinkers it's you.

Seriously a 100 main jet on a 26phbh tuned motor with a performance mb clubby. ffs.
Donnie.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

Timbo wrote:
Doom Patrol wrote:You've previously had problems with excessive fuel consumption. You need to join the dots.

I've asked a differant question, if you take your blinkers off you will see that.
You don't think being poorly set up, using too much fuel and running rich are connected then?
Timbo

Of course I do :evil: The jetting was suggested by CamLam as a starting point and if you bother to read my post you will see I haven't road tested the bike yet. AGAiN if you bother to read my post its a different set up to what I have had before! The scoot is being dyno 'd next week so I'm thinking do I spend the next few days playing around with jetting plug chops etc or wait for the dyno. Hence the question!! I've asked you on several occasions not to reply to my posts as usual your replys are not helpful and are only posted to have a little pop at me. The first two replys I found very helpful and addressed the question.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information