Remote problems....will a dyno sort it...?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
tonydevon
Main scooter: '71 GP125

Donnie wrote:Seriously a 100 main jet on a 26phbh tuned motor with a performance mb clubby. ffs.
there seems to be some real big differences out there with main jet settings

I have seen listed online and been told to run 122 and 125 with mine (mugello 26phbh and expansion), tried them but it just gurgles and wont go, it was dynoed and setup with 102 MJ

I tried going larger just for peace of mind after lots of people saying it should be bigger, but 106 was a big as I could go without a real noticable loss in power/rideability

what else controls the fuelling at full throttle? wondering if the variation in mains could be down to running different pilot jets that supplement the fueling??
heavy is good, heavy is reliable, and if it does fail, hit them with it!!!
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

Was that 102 before holing the piston?

There could be some variation due to pilot but if so it's very very little at full throttle I would think
Donnie.
tonydevon
Main scooter: '71 GP125

LOL yes BUT it looks like timing and squish were the main problems with the piston going POP, as well as my riding style :(

if it wont run right with the bigger main jets, as mine wont, then what do you do?

I had mine dynoed and trusted that setup as hes the expert, still nervous as hell about doing Exmouth on it, got AA on speed dial LOL, hopefully riding with a couple of others, that will keep my pace down and should be far safer.
heavy is good, heavy is reliable, and if it does fail, hit them with it!!!
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

Timbo wrote:Of course I do :evil: The jetting was suggested by CamLam as a starting point and if you bother to read my post you will see I haven't road tested the bike yet. AGAiN if you bother to read my post its a different set up to what I have had before! The scoot is being dyno 'd next week so I'm thinking do I spend the next few days playing around with jetting plug chops etc or wait for the dyno. Hence the question!! I've asked you on several occasions not to reply to my posts as usual your replys are not helpful and are only posted to have a little pop at me. The first two replys I found very helpful and addressed the question.
Are you serious? Pull your bloody socks up mate and get a grip. :roll:
Donnie

Don't take it personally DP, it's the usual hissy fit reaction if you don't reply to him in the style of a UN peacekeeper.

Anything he would percieve as a challenge he thinks hes being bullied and victimised as is evident by the "you only post to have a pop at me" stance.

Never mind the fact he has already booked a dyno to try and sort the problem then comes on here asking if we think his dyno guy can fix it?
Donnie.
fsmlittler

I had the exact same problem-spent ages on settings until I realised I had the needle circlip the wrong side of the needle plate!
Mark ULC
Main scooter: LI Series 2

I also had this problem on a slightly tuned 200 with phbh25mm. Always flooding at petrol stations and after a fairly long hard run. Changed jets but the 104 main was the best set up with 55pilot. Drilled hole in the foam remote filter but still had problems. At dyno was advise to take run open mouth with 108 main and the problem has gone. Sure a bit harder on fuel.but works for meinterested to here what your dyno guy advises, filter or no filter. I guess that is another debate.
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

Mark it will run fine with an open mouth so I will try and set it up to the best of my capability and let you know how I get on at the dyno.... ;)
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

Enough of the goading please, this forum is famed for being helpful and welcoming, thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
Donnie

:| :| :| :|
Donnie.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information