BGM Stator AF Flywheel

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

I run an AF lightened flywheel (newer version with doweled magnets) with BGM stator, had to remove 2 laminates to prevent fouling, i use the AFR CDI......all revs and goes well, no problems.
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Stian

I have just the same problem with a new AF flywheel and BGM. Runs fine with my old Indian flywheel.... Tryed to fit a new pick up, but the one I had (org.piaggio) was to big and was't able to fit the flywheel over it, and swop back..
MarkH
Dealer

Should come with compete fitting instructions, including details and pictures on different solutions for AF flywheels. If not, contact your dealer or wait a bit while I try to post some instructions to our website.

Any problems are the result of trying to fit something that is made accurately (bgm stators) to something that is often not (flywheels). In my experience I'd say 9 times out of 10 there are no fitment issues. When there are, they are almost always with AF flywheels.
MAB

Thanks for all the replies folks ,
Thankfully me old m8 smiffy will keep you up dated on all the technical stuff as its not my speciality but i can fit stators quick :D now.

MAB.
RinB
Main scooter: Reflections in Blue

MAB wrote:Thanks for all the replies folks ,
Thankfully me old m8 smiffy will keep you up dated on all the technical stuff as its not my speciality but i can fit stators quick :D now.

MAB.
Oh yes m8 nothing like learning new skills.

Next test !
Changing stator in the puring rain stuck half way up Staxton hill on your own. :D
If its made of Metal Fettle it !!
MAB

Smiffy whats the next plan of attack Ducati flywheel ;)
RinB
Main scooter: Reflections in Blue

Well putting on my Inspector Smiffy hat on

Ive just had a thought :geek:

Apparently the new BGM stators have been modded so that Pickup sits further Back
(Just confirmed this with Phil At MB's)

Now heres the b@stard bit I think
So If you use a New AFR Flywheel which has had the spacer put in to move the Flywheel away off the Pickup
You are going tobe double whamied pick up in - flywheel out therefore the alignment is worst :evil:

So whats happening I think is each part's manufacture is trying to fix problems but not talking to one another and now I think may have made it worst :evil:

Not going to say this will be problem on all combinations but certainly one to look at.

Smiffy
If its made of Metal Fettle it !!
Angry Bloke

I also run an AF lightened fly and after a self destructing stator am about to replace it with a BGM version so i was interested in the this thread.

I checked the position of the pick ups on an AF stator in relation to the inner face of the mag flange and the dims are 28mm and 35mm (which includes the base thickness of 2.5mm)

The BGM has a base thickness of 3mm but this seems to have been allowed for as the pickups measure 28mm and 35mm.

So ,in conclusion, on paper a new BGM stator should fit the latest version of an AF lightened fly with out modification .

But as I am constantly reminded -You don't build it on paper !
Je fettle - Tu fettle - Il fettle - Nous fettleons - Vous fettlez - Ils fettlent

"Broadsword calling Danny boy ,Broadsword calling Danny boy ,over "
Strummer10
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Special 225

Think it’s not even worth bothering with them lightweight flywheels....just a waste of time setting up to run any good.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information