Clutch

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Fux
Main scooter: li150 S2

Iv`e only had the rb a week and the clutch is slipping slighty when i give it some welly.

A buddy of mine has reccomended an AF 6 plate and I just need to know how hard it is to pull. (I don`t want to pesture said fella too much as i know he`s a busy guy)

The reason behind the question is that i hate the looks and feel of my hydraulic clutch setup, can i live without it with the AF jobbie?

I was also reccomended the cheaper road version and just to clean it up with a needle file before use. If its any good I can afford to throw one in both my TS and RB.

Thoughts?
speedy
Main scooter: lambretta af s type ts1

As regards the AF road 6 plate cassette clutc,I cannot praise mine highly enough.I run it in me TS1 and it's absolutely lovely to use.I have no idea how much better the Race verion is [the Surflex one] in comparison.I had a 4 plate with gt springs and a centre spring and was surprised to find I got clutch drag,especially with how hard the lever was.The 6 plate has cured everything and is so much easier to pull in.Please don't get me wrong,it's not like a p2 with a cosa clutch,that you could pull in with yer tongue,but it's a damn site easier than my old set up and also easier than a mates cam lam 6 plate in his RB.I couldn't say if it's the best out there ,but it's the best I've ever had or used.H ope this helps.
Fux

That sounds good. :)
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

Same here AF clutch all the way don't even entertain any other. You just take the old one out and fit it and then forget about it. One of the few things for a Lambretta that works as it should without having mess about with it.
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

What clutch is in the motor now ?
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
Fux

I`m not sure, and the previous owner isn`t sure either.

He started out with the Saigon scoots motorcycle jobbie. He says he has had 3 of those and now its gota 5 plate something with uprated springs and center spring, so I`m pretty sure I`d end up with popeye arms if I was going to use that without the hydraulic conversion.
FREAK
Main scooter: Rb225 GP LAMBRETTA

ive just fitted an af clutch to a ts great piece of kit easy lever action, got a readspeed 6 plate in my rb guna pull it out and fit an af one
Fux

Thanks for your help fella`s.

Another one for the wish list.
camel

i,l add to the praises of the af road clutch aswell,just like to add fit a decent nylon lined cable as it DOES make a difference to the lever action
Stian

The AF type is easyer to pull then the hydraulic you have now Rob.

The cambridge 6plate is a cheeper alternativ that also work, but harder and not same quality as the AF one...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information