5 plate clutch with standard basket etc.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
ArmandTanzarian

The newly fitted MB / BGM pipe has had the side effect of making the clutch slip so that must be a sign that its developing more power. The original has been in there for three or four years nd I guess it must be wearing out.

What's the best straight forward 5 plate clutch out there that doesn't break the bank? I recall people talking favourably about the ReadSpeed one

http://www.ekmpowershop2.com/ekmps/shop ... 6192-p.asp

but I guess there are plenty more out there.

The scoot is probably in the high teens for power and running and SX200 box which is hard on clutches and so it needs to be pretty good.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
chris2470

Readspeed looks good value, also 4 BGM Plates & MB Springs should be fine.
Best Regards

Chris
purple_pill67
Main scooter: Jet200

Got mb springs, steels and bgm corks going in my jet200 block this week.
DaveTomo
Main scooter: SX 200

I've just recently changed to the 5 plate readspeed clutch in my rapido 225 after someone recommended it on here.Been spot on, well pleased with it especially for the price.Prior to that I had the" LTH Plus" 5 plate clutch,which again was very good but they don't seem to do it any more.
I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order.
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

I've just fitted the Readspeed 5 plate into my standard clutch and its spot on. I was using a 4 plate (BGM plates) with MB springs in my 20BHP Imola and it was fine until I fitted an NK and it started to slip. I saw the Readspeed one advertised in Scootering so got one. I didn't fit the springs supplied and went with MB as IMO they are the best available. At £49 they are excellent value I highly recommend it.
gaz_powell

have heard of using thin top and metals with 5 SIL cork plates with success

I`m looking at the ScootRS Atomic 5 plate spider, bell and rear sprocket with thinner metals plates and 5 surflex B probably use MB or GT springs (TBC) for my next build
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information