Charging

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Ricko

Whats the best way of keeping the battery charged at 12v? Presently running a battery/regulator sil flywheel and I have to keep using a battery charger to top up the charge.........don't think the set up I have outputs enough power to charge!
Is anyone happy enough with their 12v battery, holding, or getting the voltage charge it needs, to share their set up?

Just to add, the wiring from the regulator....sticker on it in colour sections./ Pink has two A.A. Terminals first one going to coil, second to stator(brown wire)/ Yellow section, a G terminal left blank./ Grey section has B+ going to positive of the Battery,/ Black section E going to earth. Hope this is connected up right and not the cause of lack of charge?
Hope it makes sense to someone enough to give me some help!
Cheers all.
Rick
sideout
Main scooter: SX150/GP Muggy/LiS3 Avanti TT3

Ricko wrote:Whats the best way of keeping the battery charged at 12v?....
Cheers all.
Rick
Simples, do a search on Wassell DC conversion on here. That's the best way Rick!

cheers,
Nigel
Ricko

Thanx for the reply Sideout, any idea as to if my wiring to and from the regulator is correct?
Yes mate, the conversion looks great if funds will allow, have to see if I have earnt the brownie points required! ;)
firekdp

Ricko wrote:Just to add, the wiring from the regulator....sticker on it in colour sections./ Pink has two A.A. Terminals first one going to coil, second to stator(brown wire)/ Yellow section, a G terminal left blank./ Grey section has B+ going to positive of the Battery,/ Black section E going to earth. Hope this is connected up right and not the cause of lack of charge?
Hope it makes sense to someone enough to give me some help!
Cheers all.
Rick
You have the wrong reg fitted and will not get any output out of B+ at all.
The reg you need for that application is a G,G,B+,C. Although most leave the C unconnected, the reg will work better with battery voltage applied to it. This needs to be supplied through an isolation switch though, to stop the battery discharging over a few days.
Ricko

Firekdp, I am getting 1-3Volts from the B+ connection at the moment, no where near enough to keep the battery topped up.
Just wondered if the connections had always been wrong since fitted? If I can get this working the isolator switch is a great idea though to fit.
Thanks Rick.
firekdp

Ricko wrote:Firekdp, I am getting 1-3Volts from the B+ connection at the moment, no where near enough to keep the battery topped up.
Just wondered if the connections had always been wrong since fitted? If I can get this working the isolator switch is a great idea though to fit.
Thanks Rick.
The readings you are getting must be random induced voltages. The B+ connector on the A,A,B+,G regulator is actually an input from the battery, not an output. These regs need a totally different stator to work, which have isolated coils for AC & DC circuits. Connected to a single wire output stator the DC circuit receives no supply.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information