Best all round tyres?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
LI150
Main scooter: Series 2 LI150

Im running Sava ma18 at the mo. IMO great tyres but also love conti's
coaster

tonydevon wrote:...Im running 34 rear and 28 front had no problems, lots of people saying the front too high? but it rides fine, wears even and good? been told 18psi, to me thats a flat tyre
I tend to run mine quite high to especially if I'm loaded up for a rally but a bit of heat in the tyres is a good thing and helps grip. The danger is letting them get too hot. I usually put my hand on each tyre when I stop for fuel, anything more than slightly warm would get me worried (I'm running tubes on split rims).
Elite-225
Main scooter: GP 225

Have run S1s' for years (since IRC MBR77s' & Contis' before that).. S1 is a good all round tyre imo,i always put 20 in the front and 36 int back.
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

Elite-225 wrote:Have run S1s' for years (since IRC MBR77s' & Contis' before that).. S1 is a good all round tyre imo,i always put 20 in the front and 36 int back.
I use s1's too.Some slate them and i dont know the issue with them or even if there is an issue. Their pretty cheap and hold the road and seen to last longer than others.
fred

Michelin s83 s, also using sava mc20 both very good wet, or dry
fred
bishopsfinger
Main scooter: vespa gl177

Conti-twists for me every time,amazing value at £25 each from some dealers
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

I fitted the Racemans in the end they were a bugger to fit on the Scootrs rims though. It seemed like spending money for the sake of it as i had them anyway. Went for a spin on pretty damp roads and they seem pretty grippy. When they wear out I'll look at the Conti's as they seem a popular choice. Thanks for all your comments guys.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

10 inch Terror wrote:I fitted the Racemans in the end they were a bugger to fit on the Scootrs rims though.
I'd say all tyres are difficult to fit on those rims, there's just not enough depth to the well to give any room to push the final part of the tyre over the edge of the rim. Heating the tyres before attempting to fit them is a must.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

soosh wrote:
Elite-225 wrote:Have run S1s' for years (since IRC MBR77s' & Contis' before that).. S1 is a good all round tyre imo,i always put 20 in the front and 36 int back.
I use s1's too.Some slate them and i dont know the issue with them or even if there is an issue. Their pretty cheap and hold the road and seen to last longer than others.
I don't think there is an issue. People tend to see them as old school. I've found them pretty good in the past and hard wearing too. The only thing I would say is that they did track a bit and when they took to making them in Thailand they were tight on the rim. I think they are back in Europe now and I'm tempted to get some more.
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

corrado wrote:
10 inch Terror wrote:I fitted the Racemans in the end they were a bugger to fit on the Scootrs rims though.
I'd say all tyres are difficult to fit on those rims, there's just not enough depth to the well to give any room to push the final part of the tyre over the edge of the rim. Heating the tyres before attempting to fit them is a must.
Yes, 100% agree Martin. I've also fitted S1's to Scootrs rims and they were hard to get on too. I put them in the oven for 10 minutes and use plenty of soap, which does help. I do like these rims though, very good value for money.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information