fast flow wth warning light wiring help !!

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
scootcoot

Hi , Been having a total headache with what should be a simple wiring ? ive wired it up as follows(as per cam lam instructions) but the LED light stays on all the time !! ..
ive taken the RED wire from the LED to the Brown in the headset , then the other BLACK wire from the LED to the ORANGEon the tap , then the BLUE earth wire to the BLUE wire on the tap then earthed on the top of the flywheel cover !! But the light stays on and wont switch off !! ive tested the fuel tap switchwith a multimeter and it appears to work fine ?? ive tried all different fuel levels and still the same !!! any help on where the problem or fault lies would save me from ripping it out and jumping on it !!!! :|
am a doogal r u a doogal too....!
joespeed

dont you think you had better go back to the supplyer (cam lam)
scootcoot

yeah i will do but not sure if it was my wiring thats wrong rather than the tap being f@@d !
Angry Bloke

I recently fitted one and it wasn't until I tested it that I found the float was stuck . :roll:

I had slightly bent the pick up tube during installation but a quick fettle and its now fine

Worth a look if you haven't already
Je fettle - Tu fettle - Il fettle - Nous fettleons - Vous fettlez - Ils fettlent

"Broadsword calling Danny boy ,Broadsword calling Danny boy ,over "
scootcoot

yeah tried that the float moves freely ...
philtrate
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA GP RB225

Hi my low fuel warning light only has two wires from the light, one has a red stripe on it which goes into the brown from the loom and the second one connects to the orange from the tap
scootcoot

UPDATE !!!
The fault lies within the bulb unit itself theyr faulty from the box, heres Cambridge Lambretta's way to repair the problem !;

Prize the LED out of the holder. You will notice the black tracer leg from the led is left bare, and the wire is soldered to this. It is this that is shorting out to the chrome light, thus not allowing it to work as it should. You can heat sleeve this and put it back in.
Morgan
Main scooter: T5 Vespa Mk1

Or they could check them before sending them out......nah...easier for the customer to repair them :mrgreen:
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

I've just got one to fit over the weekend. If its faulty it's going back. Why should a paying customer fix faulty goods? Only in the scootering world would / does this happen :shock:
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

Just fitted one ....... and broke the float :evil: The inlet into the tank was a tight fit and when i was removing the tap (quick fit to check everything ok) the float snapped. Not blaming the product but maybe a slightly thinner float would be good.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information