not that old chestnut? bogging etc

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
DaveTomo
Main scooter: SX 200

I think I know the answer to this but, just want it confirming really.Rebuilt race rapido 225, static electronic ignition set at 16 BTDC,just finished running it in,plug (Denso W24ES) a nice digestive biscuit colour,delly 30 open mouthed/tea strainer filter 125 main jet,55 pilot,40 slide AV266 X7 needle second clip from top, 48mm clubman.Carb clean, no sh*t in the fuel filter,get to higher revs starts spluttering/bogging,also back fired today through the exhaust (not the carb) when kicked up.Being as its only just run in haven't really given it any WOT until the last 2 weeks.Stator plate is a new BGM type,am I right in thinking its likely to be the stator - LT coil?
I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order.
coaster

Digestive biscuit colour? could be a bit light, I'd be hoping for a slightly darker shed myself. Re the LT coil, have you checked the resistance value?
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

Backfire would be more electrical but what about dodgy fuel or petrol tap playing up ? Just had a problem similar to yours (after a years trouble free running) and i'm edging towards my "fast flow" petrol tap, which, at the moment, doesn't appear to be fast flow (more standard). I'm changing the tap and hoping it will eliminate the problem.
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

A lot of people seem happy with that digestive biscuit colour I have to admit, I've always used the Rich Tea / Bourbon colour scheme personally

rich Tea - lean
Bourbon - Just right
Donnie.
DaveTomo
Main scooter: SX 200

I've still the old Indian stator I took off - which had been spot on - but kept as a reserve, so may try that this week.Readings wise I don't have a meter,but will invest in one I think,analogue or digital? any recommendations please .Also have a spare CDI,so will give that a go,just seems when its under load,going up hills etc, or top of the rev range in any gear.I know the clubman doesn't really do the standard of tune any favours but wouldn't have thought it would make it do this. Regards the fuel tap camlam fast flow rear exit, timed, "on" position 550mls in a minute,reserve position 650mls in a minute and a 300 float valve.Tried it with an Amal 30 did the same spluttering.In a way I hope its the CDI or even the plug/HT lead as I'll be well miffed if its the new stator.Plug chops all OK and choke test bogged down in the 1/4 to 3/4 position ,WOT you don't notice so much with the choke test.Donnie I may just adjust the mixture a little to richen it up a bit and take it up to bourbon,biscuit tuning , a universal language 8-)
I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order.
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

Everyone knows what colour a bourbon is :-)
Donnie.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information