Supermonza / TZR 125 intake rubber + reed spacer

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Arne

fairspares, thanks for the input, that is a great resource! corrado, i had been through those suppliers and they only have the original sizes (same that comes with the kit). i guess i'll have to call these folks but the west coast is 9h behind europe and man it's hard to get up that early. :-)
RICSPEED

the 39mm kehin air striker /reed and rubber i got (though not for super monza i should add) came off a rm250 i would expect though that some modification of the manifold would be needed
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
tha83
Main scooter: SX 2something

Just stay up late to call.

Rally cocks rule!
Wayne Miller
Main scooter: Vespa 50 Special (Rotax Proto)

I thought the carb size for a tzr125 was 28mm? or they used to be when I was fookin about with them. If the intake is from a tzr125 then you may be able to get a trz125 4dl / Belgarda inlet which is 32mm if that helps. There was nothing else available that was any bigger than that at the time, but we are talking 20 years ago :)
Stay tuned..............
tony
Main scooter: 90ss

There will be a reason why the keihin was not used to begin with.
As I said I think you should talk to Charlie and get his views if you want the most from your sm kit.
Sponsors: Performance Tuning. Ve Uk. Scooter Center Koln. LTH . DRT
Arne

well there is no magic in setting up a carb. larger carbs get more power and better spread on the supermonza. here's a run with the 30mm phbh.

nelson pk

Mate, we can all set carbs up but if you want to do your own thing with it, you pays your money and make your choice.
Personally i'll stick to what the person who designed it says is best for it as he's developed and tested it thoroughly over a couple of years.
Good luck with it though.
fairspares
Main scooter: Lambretta GP RB252

If it wasnt for people going beyond whats recommended scooter tuning wouldnt go forward in terms of the power thats tuners are getting at this moment in time and in the future .if you just want a reliable engine then leave it along if not go for it , yes he may come across a few problems along the way and thats if money isnt to much of a problem and you really know what your doing . good luck.
Fairspares Lambretta workshop.
scharlach
Main scooter: Lambretta SX

Well, Mr. Innocenti and his fellows tested things those days very thoroughly, i guess. And though 20mil carbs existed he and his engineers used 18mil carbs, just to change things with the next batch. Why? Why tuning at all? It's a proven fact, that the SM-Kit takes advantage (measured in hp, that is) from a larger diameter carb.
nelson pk

fairspares wrote:If it wasnt for people going beyond whats recommended scooter tuning wouldnt go forward in terms of the power thats tuners are getting at this moment in time and in the future .if you just want a reliable engine then leave it along if not go for it , yes he may come across a few problems along the way and thats if money isnt to much of a problem and you really know what your doing . good luck.
Agreed and i did wish him luck, and sure, if you want to risk reliability and money is no object have some fun! But tell me, how many paying, road going scooterists want to spend loads of cash on something that breaks........oh i forgot i was on a Lambretta forum for a minute there! :lol:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information