very weak spark what next ?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
rbgaz
Main scooter: gp rb230 dragster 180lc

changed stator for new one , have checked it out with multi meter all good, have put new coil on,changed ht lead ,caps plugs, still the spark is so weak i cannot myself even see it, only thing i havnt changed is flywheel as i havnt one to hand, any advice welcome cheers p.s the scoot starts first kick but runs like bag crap when u take it for a spin
coaster

Was it running allright before the stator change or was that the reason for changing it? Are the lights working ok? If the lights are bright then I would think that would rule out a de-magnetised. What makes you thin k it's an electrical fault?
rbgaz
Main scooter: gp rb230 dragster 180lc

yes broke down at jb tuning and his meter said it was dead , new one on and same troubles, lights are very good,,it might not be elecy fault just trying every thing i can, ive put new needle in carb plus jets its a tm 35, new carb rubber etc new reed petals, only really got two more things to try if its electrics a diffrent flywheel if carb new slide maybe
Yanker

rbgaz wrote:runs like bag crap when u take it for a spin
I have it on good authority that this is a normal ,typical and in no way unsymptomatic prevarication of the Lambretta marque: enjoy it while it lasts!
Yanker

It' posibly your pick=up to fly wheel trigger alignment then?
Boothy_the_makem
Playstation gamer tag: Phantomkiller_uk
Main scooter: modded t5 classic wi a parker

my mate had a similar problem, wouldn't start and had changed everything, , asked him about the plug and he had 3 or 4 new ones,

took the plug out of my gp and put it in his , fired up first kick,

3 or 4 dodgy new plugs, :(
Canny lass, Geordie girl, he gave her pints and fags and grub and shorts. Canny lass, Geordie girl, she gave him earache and penal warts,Penal warts.
Bufficus

Boothy_the_makem wrote:my mate had a similar problem, wouldn't start and had changed everything, , asked him about the plug and he had 3 or 4 new ones,

^
Always check plug first. Cap then lead.

Have you just filled up with crap fuel? BP high octane at Boreham interchange is often dodgy
Boothy_the_makem
Playstation gamer tag: Phantomkiller_uk
Main scooter: modded t5 classic wi a parker

Bufficus wrote:
Boothy_the_makem wrote:my mate had a similar problem, wouldn't start and had changed everything, , asked him about the plug and he had 3 or 4 new ones,

^
Always check plug first. Cap then lead.

Have you just filled up with crap fuel? BP high octane at Boreham interchange is often dodgy

that's what he did. and went through 3 or 4 plugs. all dodgy

quite often im pissed, like tonight, but I usually take the time to process other peeps posts ;) :D
Canny lass, Geordie girl, he gave her pints and fags and grub and shorts. Canny lass, Geordie girl, she gave him earache and penal warts,Penal warts.
blue

If you haven't already tried it, unplug the green wire from the loom to cdi to rule out an ignition switch fault.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information