CYCLONE GEARBOX – BATCH 2 RECALL

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
twenty eight

got a phone call from dean horton last week about the problem with the gear clusters i fitted mine and its slipping in 5th the day after i was going to strip it down for inspection but the call saved me a job he will send the new clusters out and the suspect one needs to be sent to Stuart Owen imo he has done the correct thing just have to wait for it
RAP 200

Ok, can anybody tell me if the hole in the gear cluster for the clutch pressere plate which was optional in the version 1 , did they carry this over to the version 2 as well Cheers daz.
nelson pk

Weston-scooterist wrote:When I read this recall announcement my thought was, if only my customers in the 'real world of business' would accept this if I made a mistake, they are being expected to, drain gearbox, strip and remove gears, and repeat process, only in the scootering world.

Bearing in mind the cost if these kits and most have been sold in uk of the faulty batch, would it not be reasonable to expect RLC to set up a workshop session in the uk for customers to come and get the manufacturer to replace the part themselves, or am I being unreasonable. :?:

I would love one of these gearboxes for my lam my, however running a business in this recession means I can't afford one, obviously I am in the wrong business. :(
Customers do expect a lot in the real world and often too much because they are constantly told by consumer programmes to shout and complain until they get what they want. Sometimes you have to draw the line!

On the gearbox......they have done the right thing in my opinion and some retailers/manufacturers could take a leaf out of their book.
You bought a gearbox and its faulty so they will replace at no cost, you didn't pay for the labour to be fitted so you dont get it fitted f.o.c as you would be put in a "better" situation than you were before if that was the case.
shocky

nelson pk wrote:
Weston-scooterist wrote:When I read this recall announcement my thought was, if only my customers in the 'real world of business' would accept this if I made a mistake, they are being expected to, drain gearbox, strip and remove gears, and repeat process, only in the scootering world.

Bearing in mind the cost if these kits and most have been sold in uk of the faulty batch, would it not be reasonable to expect RLC to set up a workshop session in the uk for customers to come and get the manufacturer to replace the part themselves, or am I being unreasonable. :?:

I would love one of these gearboxes for my lam my, however running a business in this recession means I can't afford one, obviously I am in the wrong business. :(
Customers do expect a lot in the real world and often too much because they are constantly told by consumer programmes to shout and complain until they get what they want. Sometimes you have to draw the line!

On the gearbox......they have done the right thing in my opinion and some retailers/manufacturers could take a leaf out of their book.
You bought a gearbox and its faulty so they will replace at no cost, you didn't pay for the labour to be fitted so you dont get it fitted f.o.c as you would be put in a "better" situation than you were before if that was the case.
what about those who have had them fitted by others at cost ?
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
shocky

maybe if certain individuals hadnt restricted sales of certain scooters and parts over the last 10 yrs or artificially bumped prices by saying how "rare" the were then we all might have a little more money to buy the things we would like for our scooters :!: :idea:
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
jonashford
Main scooter: Lambretta SX RB235

s**t happens, move along please, nothing to see here
shocky

jonashford wrote:s**t happens, move along please, nothing to see here
Do you work for A F Rays ped ?
jonashford
Main scooter: Lambretta SX RB235

Afraid not, but they are one of my favourite dealers, like Dean @rlc they offer great after sales service.
psychedelicropcircle
Main scooter: Series 1 li150 1958

Seems to me Nielsen pk's offering a free removal and fitting service to those out with "the know" :roll:
psychedelicropcircle
Main scooter: Series 1 li150 1958

jonashford wrote:s**t always happens, move along please, nothing to see here

FTFY :?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information