CYCLONE GEARBOX – BATCH 2 RECALL

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
martinr

if you talk to dean youll know hes a decent guy more worried about peoples safety than anything else im waiting for a new cluster. i think hes doing the right thing the right way
Paul Calder
Main scooter: SX200

Timbo wrote:
Diablo wrote:I am the only other dealer allowed to buy direct from RLC other than Stuart Owen so know some of the details behind this.
The spec of the interference fit was changed without Deans knowledge but with the best intentions of improvement by DRT. It didn't work it was a cock up and they have dealt with it.
Every British customer that Stuart has given Dean phone numbers for has been called personally by himself. He has done everything in his power to rectify the situation and the new clusters are being extensively tested as we speak. As always on forums its the people who haven't actually bought one that moan the most-not sure how that works but hey it won't change.
Deans main concern and the thing that's been keeping him awake at night is the thought that a failure may cause an accident not how much money he may lose.
You'll never change people begrudging others from making a living from Scootering because they all remember the days when you could buy a scoot of an old boy for £50. Those days are gone get used to it.
If you think RLC are keeping prices artificially high I'm sorry I think thats nonsense. You can't get two blackjacks for a penny anymore either....

Hopefully this will put an end to all the speculation and guess work and was my understanding of events. The Cyclone has greatly improved my enjoyment of riding a Lambretta. Only if you have one or have ridden one would you understand...... 8-)
I couldn't agree more Timbo. Thanks to Diablo for stating the facts in black & white and for reminding me how much i miss blackjacks. I hope Dean gets some words of support at Euro Lambretta instead of hassle. The guy would give you the shirt of his back. In 25 years of business I have never met another man of such honesty and integrity. And he loves Scooters! Bonus :)
Bufficus

When mine failed 4 miles from home, coming back from the Southend rally, with a massive hangover and the threat of impending violent nausea hanging over me, I managed to push my bike to a mate's house for safety. It was only then that I realised I had a hole in the crankcase, where the gearbox tried to escape, and that I had been very lucky. However, my only thoughts were, I hope I can get new parts soon because I don't want to go back to a four speed!
The bike had just taken me on a 750 mile round trip for the C2C and had been a revelation. I walked home having had to refuse the lift offered and proceeded to hurl within minutes of getting home.
A strip down on Monday night revealed the full extent of the damage. A call to Stuart and an email to Dean were followed up in good time. I for one, am happy with the solution offered and the service provided.
Say what you like, but without the innovators of the scooter world we'd all be riding around on slow unsafe 50 year olds. many of us still are!
sydduckett

Muttley McLadd wrote:
jonashford wrote:the language of the north, good honest sense!
Heh heh.. reminds me of a northerner that bought a bike off me once. Wanted me to buy the diesel for his van to come and get it. WTF???
Apparently, it's known as a bit of luck, paying someone to come and buy something off you.

The cheeky tw at.
Thats a traveller thing, had one try it on with his "luck money" bolloc*ks. Told him to do one. Fu**ing chancers!
sydduckett

Diablo wrote:I am the only other dealer allowed to buy direct from RLC other than Stuart Owen so know some of the details behind this.
The spec of the interference fit was changed without Deans knowledge but with the best intentions of improvement by DRT. It didn't work it was a cock up and they have dealt with it.
Every British customer that Stuart has given Dean phone numbers for has been called personally by himself. He has done everything in his power to rectify the situation and the new clusters are being extensively tested as we speak. As always on forums its the people who haven't actually bought one that moan the most-not sure how that works but hey it won't change.
Deans main concern and the thing that's been keeping him awake at night is the thought that a failure may cause an accident not how much money he may lose.
You'll never change people begrudging others from making a living from Scootering because they all remember the days when you could buy a scoot of an old boy for £50. Those days are gone get used to it.
If you think RLC are keeping prices artificially high I'm sorry I think thats nonsense. You can't get two blackjacks for a penny anymore either....
Would be good if the case, I havent heard a dicky bird from either Stuart or Dean yet. Have sent emails but no reply as of yet. Im not to bothererd at the mo as im sure they have a lot on there plates. will want some sort of contact soon though otherwise the toys will start going out of the cott. At the end of the day its £700 for a gearbox whcih is a lot of doe whatever way you cut it.
Paul Calder

sydduckett wrote:
Would be good if the case, I havent heard a dicky bird from either Stuart or Dean yet. Have sent emails but no reply as of yet. Im not to bothererd at the mo as im sure they have a lot on there plates. will want some sort of contact soon though otherwise the toys will start going out of the cott. At the end of the day its £700 for a gearbox whcih is a lot of doe whatever way you cut it.
Sorry to hear that. I feel kind of guilty now: I have a Cyclone and I only do 400 or 500 miles a year on my SX. There are obviously guys out there who attend rallies and would benefit far more from the 5 speed box than I. I will email Dean on Monday. If there are limited supplies and I am near the front of the queue for the next batch I certainly don't mind waiting for the batch after that. I hope you hear soon.
sydduckett

Would someone be good eneough to furnish me with Stuarts mobile number. My phone was wiped recently so no longer have it. Dont fancy ringing Italy.... :)
Paul Calder

sydduckett wrote:Would someone be good eneough to furnish me with Stuarts mobile number. My phone was wiped recently so no longer have it. Dont fancy ringing Italy.... :)
Please send your mobile number to paul@scotia.co.uk and I will ask Dean to call you.
Train Driver

Dean & RLC didn't force these gearboxes on any us, and when I bought mine I never thought I would recieve any back up or follow up contact,so IF you bought one and you have a problem it will be sorted.
Can we stop going on about the cost of everything things cost what they cost.

Mr Diablo just for you http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/black-jacks-p-413.html :lol: :lol:
I did contact my man at F&M but they don't do them sorry 8-) 8-)
TS1 and PX stay in the garage (future barn finds) out on the GTS 300 when I go out on a scooter.
I know I’ll get there and back
sydduckett

Paul Calder wrote:
sydduckett wrote:Would someone be good eneough to furnish me with Stuarts mobile number. My phone was wiped recently so no longer have it. Dont fancy ringing Italy.... :)
Please send your mobile number to paul@scotia.co.uk and I will ask Dean to call you.
Ta Paul
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information