CYCLONE GEARBOX – BATCH 2 RECALL

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
victor
Main scooter: Tv175 but currently a SS210 :)

ducksta wrote:not everybody has the time and patiance to put up with poor parts i agree its part of scootering but still these are not £10 parts. take sip px speedos some work some dont £135 cost sending back to germany
Just to set things straight, SIP returns are free of charge, return slips are included in each delivery.

I had loads of problems with them back in 2005 but recently both shipping and returning calls or replying to emails are usually done within hours.

/.v
ulyssescale

**At the request of owner, this picture has been removed.

NOTE: THe manufacturer is in contact with the owner of the kit and getting it sorted now.
A chicken ain't nothing but a bird.
immylam

Anyone had theirs collected/replaced yet? I know there was a slight delay but haven't heard anything more.
twenty eight

no not heard nothing yet cant wait and not use scooter so 150 gearbox is going back in tomorrow.....
dave wheeler

just had an email from dean, another 7-10 days tops, now I really don't want to be a whining fanny but when I got the initial call the xmas tree was going to be with me by the end of the week, then another 2 weeks, then another 7-10 (lets say 10) days. If id known I would have either chanced it as :x im running in a fairly standard TV175, or would have put the original gearbox in, all of which is extra galling as the weather up here ( the north of Scotland) has been great for the last 3 weeks, in all likelihood that was the summer! so in conclusion, I didn't want to moan but couldn't help myself, and don't even get me started on schwables!!!! :x
dutch

got mine from them in avignon as they had 8 with them.
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

I understand that Dean should have this all sorted by the end of the week or so.

I am also awaiting my whole kit at present (ordered in May), but I'm prepared to understand that RLC are also victims of the supply chain.
A pain in the ass for all concerned INCLUDING RLC who certainly aren't benefitting from the delays.
Train Driver

My mk1 gearbox was fine 800+ miles to Avignon not a problem, perfect shifts just wonderful 8-)
It was just the rest of the scooter that fell (vibrated) apart :cry: :cry:
It's still there sunning it's self in beaucaire.

If any of you follow Mb on Facebook you will see how frustrating it is for these guys, mark posts how parts are ordered dates promised then promised again and again and all the time they have to keep us happy.
So give mark, dean and others a break they don't move dates around for the fun of it and without these guys we wouldn't have any upgraded parts.
TS1 and PX stay in the garage (future barn finds) out on the GTS 300 when I go out on a scooter.
I know I’ll get there and back
victor
Main scooter: Tv175 but currently a SS210 :)

Train Driver wrote:My mk1 gearbox was fine 800+ miles to Avignon not a problem, perfect shifts just wonderful 8-)

If any of you follow Mb on Facebook you will see how frustrating it is for these guys, mark posts how parts are ordered dates promised then promised again and again and all the time they have to keep us happy.
So give mark, dean and others a break they don't move dates around for the fun of it and without these guys we wouldn't have any upgraded parts.
Perhaps they should get contractual obligations sorted out, so that delays caused by the sub contractor and consequently costs due to no sales / loss of faith in the brand / customers going elsewhere have to be covered for by the sub contractor. 10% off the total cost per week's delay or a set sum...
joespeed

victor wrote:
Train Driver wrote:My mk1 gearbox was fine 800+ miles to Avignon not a problem, perfect shifts just wonderful 8-)

Perhaps they should get contractual obligations sorted out, so that delays caused by the sub contractor and consequently costs due to no sales / loss of faith in the brand / customers going elsewhere have to be covered for by the sub contractor. 10% off the total cost per week's delay or a set sum...

then the sub contractor would add extra on the price tag to cover his arse!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information