CYCLONE GEARBOX – BATCH 2 RECALL

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
joespeed

gp200ts1 wrote:an update would be very nice, nearly 4 weeks my scooter has been unuseable and its starting to p155 me off. what the hell, I parted with my cash so now I can wait it seems

only 4 weeks,be patient for f@@k sake,put you old box back and wait in a civilized manor,its not as if you blown your cash the man is sorting it as quick as he can,bet you've pissed more up the wall and thought nowt of it,,
you've never had a five speed box so bit your lip and wait a bit longer!
that goes for all you 5 speed wingers!
stu69
Main scooter: GP TS1 225

Not winging, just asking if anyone has had an update, as I don't expect everyone to had a reply.
john.t5

Would agree that an update would be good, but also agree that this is high technology in a very niche market so all those talking about contractual clauses etc, time to be realistic. Do we want RLC to force DRT into a position that they can't financially exist, therefore nobody gets a replacement, an innovative manufacturer in a niche market disappears and the 5 speed dream is gone?

Take a step back and think!!!

This is a fantastic innovative product, having used it without breaking it I love it and hope all is resolved.
stu69

Wouldn't agree more John, it is a beautiful bit of kit and I have seen and felt the difference. I'm very happy with the product, and was happy with the information and customers service recieved from Dean. I just want a honest answer on delivery times, don't care if it another week or two just an honest answer. If following that, there's another hold up fine, as long as we are all told in good time that there's another delay. I know how manufacturing is, and I want it right, doesn't everyone.

Then I can plan what I'm doing, don't want to be stripping the engine down to much if I can help it.
Is that fair???
immylam

'it is a beautiful bit of kit and I have seen and felt the difference' - Lucky you , all I have felt is delay and delay and £600 out of my bank account. Not saying anything about what is or isn't happening doesn't help.
stu69

I spoke to Dean yesterday, the clusters are being pressed and will be ready for Friday, with dispatch very soon afterwards. (Next day or two.)
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

Thanks Stu, that tallies with what Dean told me last week also.
I spent £820+ so am awaiting mine eagerly.
Willie the pimp
Main scooter: GP200

Any more news on these, been waiting since my call from Dean which I think was the middle of May, hoping the new cluster arrives soon, last contact I had was and email from RLC to say they would be delayed slightly for testing at euro Lambretta but that was around a month ago. Luckily for me I hadn't fitted the engine to my scoot so its easy enough for me to take the cluster back out (unused) not so great for some though having to strip back down from a up and running bike.
Hopefully we will all be sorted out soon. If anybody has any updates please advise, it must be anytime now :?: :?:
Bufficus

I had an email from Dean on Wednesday about a related issue. He said they should be going out on Monday.
Jxmiddle
Main scooter: GP250 69 targa twin

That's what I heard from Dean today. Collected tomorrow, packed over the weekend and sent out on Monday. :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information