CYCLONE GEARBOX – BATCH 2 RECALL

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

Frankly that would just result in no risks being taken by the likes of Dean etc who put their own money up front to fund what could have been a non starter, the more obstacles you place and 'ifs and buts' the less likely a truly fantastic idea will come to fruition.
victor
Main scooter: Tv175 but currently a SS210 :)

joespeed wrote: Perhaps they should get contractual obligations sorted out, so that delays caused by the sub contractor and consequently costs due to no sales / loss of faith in the brand / customers going elsewhere have to be covered for by the sub contractor. 10% off the total cost per week's delay or a set sum...

then the sub contractor would add extra on the price tag to cover his arse![/quote]

Well if that's the case it quite clearly shows they werent going to go through with their obligations in either case, so good having an early warning right?

These kind of liability clauses are quite common for other business areas so why not here to help getting the products that we so long for out there in time and bolted on our scoots? :)
soulsurfer

^ We're not talking massive production lines with multi-million pound companies here, it's a cottage industry with very limited avenues to produce these exotic items, if we f@@k 'em off then they f@@k off, it's simple really; so, we have to be patient ;)
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
victor
Main scooter: Tv175 but currently a SS210 :)

soulsurfer wrote:^ We're not talking massive production lines with multi-million pound companies here, it's a cottage industry with very limited avenues to produce these exotic items, if we f@@k 'em off then they f@@k off, it's simple really; so, we have to be patient ;)
Of course we aren't but in standard contracting, even for third party suppliers in small and very limited marketing campaigns of say £50k this is absolutely normal, nothing strange there. If you cant stand behind your word and deliver what you contractually agree to do then I think this might be the carrot/whip that actually makes you put in that extra little effort :)

I'm just throwing it out there as a suggestion.

What I find a bit strange in our community is that people seems to be whining about just about everything from bad eBay quality to products being delayed in the manufacturing process (see avanti clubmans for a prime example). Then when someone suggests something that could or could not be a solution the focus shifts to whine about the solution, regardless of what it is, rather than welcoming some fresh thought and thinking "that could be one way of getting around the problem".

Now this thread is getting off-topic, fingers crossed Dean & Co gets it sorted shortly as I'm sure they will :)
immylam

another week gone with no word as to what's happening. Can't be good for PR.
skidmark

I Spoke to Marco of Rimini Lambretta at the Eurolambretta, (Dean has tried to phone me and has emailed me several times, unfortunately I have been working away or on holiday) Marco told me he had a few new clusters with him at the Eurolambretta in case anyone had a failure riding to the event or during the ride out and he explained the problems in detail they have with the second batch, which I fully understand having an engineering background, Marco said if their was no problems at the event he would give me a new cluster which he did and asked if I could return the old one to Rimini Lambretta, a top bloke and couldn't be more helpful.. I am really impressed how Rimini have dealt with this and will deal with them direct in future.
immylam

and fair play to dean , after seeing someone was given an update and I hadn't heard anything , I asked direct and am now up to date with how things are progressing. Hopefully a week and the replacement will be here.
dave wheeler

hopefully...
stu69
Main scooter: GP TS1 225

Has anyone here any news on delivery of the new cluster. I've email a few times, with no reply, and I've seen no further updates on any of the forum's which have threads on this subject. I know they must be busy sorting things out, but an update wouldn't go a miss. Summers passing by, and I'm concidering putting that old gearbox back in. lets us know if anyone has news please.
gp200ts1
Main scooter: lambretta series 2

an update would be very nice, nearly 4 weeks my scooter has been unuseable and its starting to p155 me off. what the hell, I parted with my cash so now I can wait it seems
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information