clutch problem

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Boothy_the_makem
Playstation gamer tag: Phantomkiller_uk
Main scooter: modded t5 classic wi a parker

my special is running on with clutch pulled in when hot, its fine from startup but gets worse when hot and really bad when hot and in traffic,
I changed the oil the other day before a 50 mile ride after clocking 220 mile from rebuild. it seemed better but no real traffic issues or hills to climb etc, I thought it might have been new clutch bedding in and oil needing a change from new etc and maybe it will settle as it might be showing signs of it but after 220 mile, now 270 and still some signs of it any advice to check for ?
Canny lass, Geordie girl, he gave her pints and fags and grub and shorts. Canny lass, Geordie girl, she gave him earache and penal warts,Penal warts.
tony
Main scooter: 90ss

Are you using cork plates ?
Sponsors: Performance Tuning. Ve Uk. Scooter Center Koln. LTH . DRT
Boothy_the_makem

yes
Canny lass, Geordie girl, he gave her pints and fags and grub and shorts. Canny lass, Geordie girl, she gave him earache and penal warts,Penal warts.
coaster

Is it a standard 4 plate or is it a 5 or 6 plate> Bare in mind that everything expands when it gets hot so clearances close up. Just tighten the cable up a little and see how it goes next time, repeat until happy 8-)

If it is a 5/6 plate then if the cable tightening doesn't work then you will need to check that there is sufficient clearance (1.5mm ish) between the plates when fully compressed.
Boothy_the_makem

Standard 4 plate. New corks and steels original springs. Im hoping it is still just bedding in and expanding when hot as you say. Casing gets fairly hotish but not transfering to hub. Dubious burning smell on occasion probably clutch ..
I will give it another 100 or so miles see if it settles as seems better since oil change.
If its no better or gets worse i will strip the clutch cheers ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information