HELP! Perlease!

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
lammydave
Main scooter: Li150Special RT195

So, my Jet that I had planned to take to france at the end of June....

was running ok, but the kickstart shaft was leaking oil... replaced the oil seal... no joy!
So, took off the side casing to swop it for an SX one I had lurking in the loft complete with kickstart shaft
Simple Job? Yeh, right!
While the casing was off I checked out one of the threads that I was worried about, as it wouldn't tighten fully and it's one of the studs that holds on the JL-exhaust thingy that is on the scoot... turns out the thread had been poorly helicoiled and the insert was coming out
Now I'm not a lover of helicoils anyway, and considering this thread was going to be under a fair bit of vibration from said zorst, I decided to fit an ancillotti instead.. simple?..
well, the exhaust was...
Put it all back together and I now have a nasty ratlle ... it's gearbox/clutch related and doesn't sound good....
On tickover you can hear it quite clearly, put it into gear and it kinda quietens a bit...
Anyway, its a nasty rattle and i'm pissed off
the chap I bought it from told me it was a 5 plate clutch..
as far as I could tell, the actuating mechanism was the same...
WTF is it??
I have reverted to scoot 2 for the moment, but really wanted to take this one to France..
Stripdown on next day off, but what am I going to be checking??
Li150 S2 1959. Li150 Special 1964. GP125 1970. Jet 200 Performer 1981. 1967 Sx150. 1959 Li150 S1. 1968 li125 Series 4
CANbus

I would be looking at what you have replaced, ie casing cover and kickstart shaft.
Sounds like your kickstart plunger maybe to advanced on the ramp?

Try resetting your kickstart with another spline, failing this I have put thicker gaskets to space the cover off the engine case more
11111111 = 0xFF
RICSPEED

you say "put in to gear it quietens" is that only wile you are pulling clutch ... im thinking top plate catching starter shaft
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information