Jockeyboxenstop chain tensioner

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
carlos fandango

Is anyone using one of these pull down tensioners (the black one ) with 46/16 82 link chain ?
Ive got one and the chain seems a little looser than id like :? :?
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
jason frost
Dealer

I think you need an 81 link chain with that set up
DaveTomo
Main scooter: SX 200

16X46 would normally be a stretched 80, got one on mine running with the pull down tensioner using an 81 link and 16X46.I think you gone a link too far.

* edit ,Jason beat me too it :)
I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order.
carlos fandango

jason frost wrote:I think you need an 81 link chain with that set up
Yes i thought so :( the dealer advised me it would be ok with an 82 link :roll:
DaveTomo wrote:16X46 would normally be a stretched 80, got one on mine running with the pull down tensioner using an 81 link and 16X46.I think you gone a link too far.

* edit ,Jason beat me too it :)
Ive just taken the stretched 80 out as i found a chain roller shell stuck to the magnet when i went to change the oil :(
Looks like i need a 81 link then, another £40 :roll: oh well you cant take it with you :lol: :lol:
Thanks for the replies :)
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

I've got a new 81 link chain still in the packaging which I got from Just Lambretta. It's a good quality IRIS one if you want it I'll let you have it for £25 including postage. PM me if you're interested cheers Peter.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

For those that need to know ..... IRIS chains are manufactured in Spain, they previously supplied Eibar / Serveta back in the day and are a current supplier to Suzuki so presumably up to the job. They only make 80, 81 and 82 that I'm aware of.

Cheers, Martin.
diesel
Playstation gamer tag: speilekorps
Main scooter: lambretta li 150 s1 1958

corrado wrote:For those that need to know ..... IRIS chains are manufactured in Spain, they previously supplied Eibar / Serveta back in the day and are a current supplier to Suzuki so presumably up to the job. They only make 80, 81 and 82 that I'm aware of.

Cheers, Martin.
Thanks for the clarification. I had assumed it was a spelling error
dutch

corrado wrote:For those that need to know ..... IRIS chains are manufactured in Spain, they previously supplied Eibar / Serveta back in the day and are a current supplier to Suzuki so presumably up to the job. They only make 80, 81 and 82 that I'm aware of.

Cheers, Martin.
i buy iwis chains from http://www.sprocketsunlimited.com/IwisChain.html and they will do any size and cheaper than scooter shops.
jonashford
Main scooter: Lambretta SX RB235

I couldn't see any prices on there????

Just for ur info,
Lee Chiggy Chambers of Lambretta Upgrades sells all sizes of Iwis chains, and... Has just released a very nice chain guide as good as any other and cheaper as well, first 20 are at a reduced price. I have just fitted one in my rb,

Ciao
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Most scooter shops get their IWIS chains from the sole UK distributor [and that's NOT Sprockets Unlimited]. You'll know if they're the "real deal" if they come packed in official Red Iwis boxes. Unfortunately the real thing isn't cheap. The Industrial IWIS chain can be bought cheaper than the correct Automotive chain.
Pays yer money .........
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information