Clutch not engaging

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Piatti

Just replaced both gear cables and clutch cable, clutch now wont engage and clutch arm on engine casing feels notchy when turned by hand with an open ended spanner.

Any ideas before I investigate further :?:
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

clutch cable needs adjusting?
clutch nipple ommited on rebuild?
clutch circlip come off?
wrong springs??

Chris
Scootering since 1968.
ducksta

has clutch cable outer pulled through or popped out at top in headset if not clutch piston fallen out
live life your a long time dead
Piatti

Took the side casing off last night and the clutch thimble is still in place, there is no bronze clutch bush as its a 150 special and the No6 comes in direct contact with the clutch thimble when clutch arm is operated.

Everything internally looks ok to be honest, I will check the clutch circlip tonight and report back....

If I put the side casing back on and operate the clutch lever on the side casing by hand (therefore operating the clutch) the kick start when pressed down should not engage :?:

Just trying to get my head round how the clutch operates...

Also if I put the scooter in first gear and operate the clutch lever on the side casing by hand (therefore operating the clutch) the scooter should roll freely :?:

BR

Piatti
Piatti

Problem sorted now thanks...

Disassembled the clutch and re-fitted, it seems the clutch plates were'nt separating when clutch was pressed.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information