shortening a chain

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
craze01

Icurrently have an iwis 81 link chain (80 link with a half link in it!
Anyway does anyone know where I can obtain a tool to take the half link out or know of a method to remove it without the correct tooling.
I need a stretched 80 linkso was gone try and shorten the one that is in there now as its hard to find a stretched 80! looking at the chain links on mb site it seems they are put together with a split link so hopefully mine will be the same as I bought it from them.
Your help will be much appreciated.
Cheers Gav KIng
byron
Main scooter: Li Special; scarred,but sound

craze01 wrote: as its hard to find a stretched 80!
really ? I've got at least three in boxes around the shed.... and took out a really streched one from a GP I was working on this last week
I'll swap the 81 link for one
what sprockets do you need it to fit to ?
the ones I have definitely fit 16/46
AUSSIE

Why dont you buy one of the new chain adjusters that pulls the chain down instead of pushing it up. Meant to be made for just this reason, to do away with stretched (worn) chains.
craze01

Do you know if they are available yet as I thought the Mb one was still being tested!
And Byron i would be happy to buy one off you if you wanted to sell it!
cheers
AUSSIE

you're right that the mb one isnt available yet, think theirs use a spring to tension the chain. There is one that you can get from LTH in germany, not spring loaded just pull it down and bolt up. pics of it in product showcase.
byron
Main scooter: Li Special; scarred,but sound

craze01 wrote: And Byron i would be happy to buy one off you if you wanted to sell it! cheers
you can have one for the price of p&p, but whereabouts are you ? there must be one nearby sitting in a shed...?
what sprockets are you planning on using ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information