Castrol A747 Oil

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
thebassmasta
Main scooter: GP TS1 240

this is info ive found for another caster based oil

I will be doing the same myself, apparently rock oil do one aswell , as do morris and silkolene

WARNING!!!!!!!! This a not a synthetic oil and will NOT mix with any other oils! If changing over from any synthetic oil, then the following must be adhered to: drain all existing fuel from tank, pour a tiny amount of pure petrol into the tank and run for a very short amount of time-eg ,1-2 minutes on TICKOVER, only to clear out the fuel lines, carb, and whatever remnants of 2 stroke oil are left in the engine, then stop the engine, re-fuel with the correct amount of Castor 927 and petrol, and remember to mix thoroughly as Castor based oils tend to be thicker than other 2-Stroke oils. Shake the container or scooter vigorously!

Recommended for all tuned Lambrettas, Alloy and Cast Iron tuned Lambrettas, high revving Lambrettas, etc etc, not really designed for standard engines.
warts
Main scooter: honda

If you just want the smell, a capful in the tank never caused me problems when I used bardahl/filtrate etc before I had it overbored. About 15ml into two gallons-ish?
My dad did it in his old Arial Red Hunter, maybe he thought it was like redex.
Don't think there was ever an "officially".
steeleyscoot

No real preference with Castrol A747 over any other oil, in fact I've decided to try Silkolene Pro KR2 based on feedback from a couple of other scooterists, it's a synthetic based oil with castor added as a small %. So you get the benefits of synthetic oil with the gorgeous smell of burnt castor (allegedly he says)

Got some off eBay at £13 a litre incl p&p, not cheap i know but......

Will give it a go and let you know. :D
simonwwfc

I'm using castrol xr77 yes expensive and yes race only but hasn't done my muggy 186 no harm . Runs and starts a treat first kick even when not been used all week , I buy 15 ltrs of unleaded from garage and add 4.5 two percent jugs of oil give container good shake jobs a good en
Ketje

I used to run with A747 in a tuned Imola. Great oil but....doesn't mix with others, the mix has to be used within 2 weeks, doesn"t like cold temperatures. Ran the Imola at 2% and never had any problems.
SouthamptonSaint
Main scooter: Spanish Eibar TV200

Used to use A747 with no probs but have been recommended to use Agip racing 2T oil with my engine built by Chiselspeed, they say:
RACING 2T is a super high performance synthetic lubricant containing castor oil developed for all kind of competition of 2 stroke engines both air and water cooled. The product should be used premixed. We run this oil in all of our race bikes.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information