Jockeys Boxenstop Headlight

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
lammydave
Main scooter: Li150Special RT195

soulsurfer wrote:Looking at the pictures online, it does look like the SX type needs more bending and is more flimsy too leading to more difficulty, the Jet and Li look quite easy to do.
Any chance of sending me some pix, as mine will be here next week.....
Li150 S2 1959. Li150 Special 1964. GP125 1970. Jet 200 Performer 1981. 1967 Sx150. 1959 Li150 S1. 1968 li125 Series 4
soulsurfer

lammydave wrote:
soulsurfer wrote:Looking at the pictures online, it does look like the SX type needs more bending and is more flimsy too leading to more difficulty, the Jet and Li look quite easy to do.

I'm reasonably handy with tools and this did present some problems, you can see the ring distorted, but I managed to fit it in the end and it seems a great idea.

BTW, this is a Winter Model rim, but this is irrelevant really as the difference is minor, apart from the fact it will also fit.
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

soulsurfer wrote:
lammydave wrote:
This confuses me. Presumably this was where the bending was involved? Rather than bend it up and have an ill fit in the pin location surely it would have been easier to shorten the bracket and have it in the shape of a pin ready to locate? If you see what I mean. :?
soulsurfer

Yes, I know what you mean, and with no instructions it can be a little confusing how to bend and best tools to use as there's little room to bend all the tabs in the directions needed :-?
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
lammydave

Well, today i fitted the headlight to my jet..
I guess the worst part was trying to bend the tabs to take the sqare nut that the side screws go into... ended up just bending one side of each tab as was worried i'd do some damage to the fitting ring... it would be far better if these came pre-formed

The wiring was easy enough, extra earth needed for headlight... green is earth, then blue to blue and white to red... side light is easy, one live and one earth...

Managed to tuck the connectors under the headlight when fitted, guess i could have used smaller connectors, but these give firm connection and just unlock for easy removal...

Does it give a bright light??

Oh, yes!!... will have to wait til night time to see how good the pattern is...

sidelight is rather good too...

Li150 S2 1959. Li150 Special 1964. GP125 1970. Jet 200 Performer 1981. 1967 Sx150. 1959 Li150 S1. 1968 li125 Series 4
Eibar-Jet200
Main scooter: Serveta Jet 200

Hey LammyDave,

What is that mirror bracket/connector on the brake side. That is mega.
Trying to fit a mirror on but cant find the right bracket. You get so used to decent mirrors on a bike.

Thanks
John
lammydave

Eibar-Jet200 wrote:Hey LammyDave,

What is that mirror bracket/connector on the brake side. That is mega.
Trying to fit a mirror on but cant find the right bracket. You get so used to decent mirrors on a bike.

Thanks
John
Hi, John..

These mirrors are perfect, have one on all my scoots, easy to fit and you can actually see what's behind you!!

get them here....

http://www.lambrettarestore.com/round-mirror-1692-p.asp

David
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Doom Patrol wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:06 pm
soulsurfer wrote:
lammydave wrote:
This confuses me. Presumably this was where the bending was involved? Rather than bend it up and have an ill fit in the pin location surely it would have been easier to shorten the bracket and have it in the shape of a pin ready to locate? If you see what I mean. :?
It's an old thread I know but I've just got a Jockey's headlight for my SX150. I am thinking the same as you Nev, in that surely it'd be easier to just shorten those side tabs rather than bending them.

Any updates, Nev, David, Mike?
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

I never did get one Martin. My lights work fine for what I do and it wasn't a priority.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information