dc wiring

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
tea5ive
Main scooter: cometa 140

just gone dc/wassell conversion and was wondering what people have done or used to tidy up the wiring. I have an indian loom with indicators and used the indicator wiring to run some legsheild mounted lights, which have side dip and main and used an indian switch and used the indicator switch to operate the dip and main in theses lights and the ignition to operate the rest as normal with the headlight switch. now, what I did to power this set up was use a big battery and trickle charge off a standard indian electronic and 5 pin regulator, which was alright for short runs and then flat battery. I wired every thing to the battery so in theory I was running full dc. I joined all the wires together with some conector blocks and bridged them with some short loops of wire from one to another. was wondering if there was a better solution to my bodge. also the horn is not as good now and yes its a dc horn (was better than the one on my van), its almost like its an ac on a dc,double checked by going straight to battery. cheers simon
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

The DC junction boxes from SR let's you cross connect all the wires, guess you could use more than one and tuck them away somewhere?

Also saw these on another thread and thought they looked neat for confined spaces.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
tea5ive
Main scooter: cometa 140

rosscla wrote:The DC junction boxes from SR let's you cross connect all the wires, guess you could use more than one and tuck them away somewhere?

Also saw these on another thread and thought they looked neat for confined spaces.

cheers for the info. forgot to add, the main reason for using the connector blocks was so I could easily add or remove wires or remove the stator etc. was also using a re setable fuse which I got from a rally car supplies shop, panel mounted which is a good bit off kit. cheers simon
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information