bgm/mb clubman exhaust

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
gerryjunior
Xbox live gamer tag: no
Playstation gamer tag: no
Main scooter: lambretta li 2

my underneath bracket was the same..had to cut it off and reweld it , shouldn't have to at the price.
Ian Hepworth

jonbus wrote:
dutch wrote:
Angry Bloke wrote:

yeah i know with a bit of fettling it will go on but dont need to so wont.
Just to point out to those that say "Look at that bracket, it's miles out" - the casing in the photo is an early one. Later casings had an extra piece to allow the extra bracket underneath to attach. So there is nothing wrong with the exhaust apart from having a bracket that only attaches to later casings.
So easy to jump to conclusions when you don't know the full story.
Ian Hepworth

gerryjunior wrote:my underneath bracket was the same..had to cut it off and reweld it , shouldn't have to at the price.
Early casing, bracket for late casings. See above.
Ian Hepworth

Adam_Winstone wrote:Early cases (e.g. TV200) do not have the additional mounting lug cast into the casing. As the TV200 had a habit of vibrating the silencer to bits, Innocenti put another lower mounting position on to better brace the box and to stop them from having exhaust issues.

This issue is covered in just about every manual, explaining that the period fix for early casings was to drill and tap the closes lug that you can see, then cut the bracket off and reweld it in the appropriate position. The 60s tuning manual covers this in greater detail, whereas most other manuals simply refer to the revised mounting after the TV200.

The same applies to early 125/150/175 cases so if you use one of these (converted to 200cc for an Avanti!) then you would be faced with the same issue.

Adam
This explains the reason the bracket looks like it has nowhere to go.
Angry Bloke

Ian Hepworth wrote:
Adam_Winstone wrote:Early cases (e.g. TV200) do not have the additional mounting lug cast into the casing. As the TV200 had a habit of vibrating the silencer to bits, Innocenti put another lower mounting position on to better brace the box and to stop them from having exhaust issues.

This issue is covered in just about every manual, explaining that the period fix for early casings was to drill and tap the closes lug that you can see, then cut the bracket off and reweld it in the appropriate position. The 60s tuning manual covers this in greater detail, whereas most other manuals simply refer to the revised mounting after the TV200.

The same applies to early 125/150/175 cases so if you use one of these (converted to 200cc for an Avanti!) then you would be faced with the same issue.

Adam
This explains the reason the bracket looks like it has nowhere to go.
Agreed , I put up my pics to show that the exhaust fits on a Avanti kit with minimal fettling needed

Ref the mounting lug - as Adam and yourself says, there is an additional boss on later casings so I just drlled and taped the out of position lug , made a extension plate and Roberts your Aunties live in lover :D
Je fettle - Tu fettle - Il fettle - Nous fettleons - Vous fettlez - Ils fettlent

"Broadsword calling Danny boy ,Broadsword calling Danny boy ,over "
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

It's a great exhaust, thoroughly reccomend it..... 8-)
Adspeed

Check for a little hole under the top bracket. Block one end, blow down the other.
Seen three so far with this........Had to remove bracket weld hole and reweld bracket back on......
Think they were all from the latest batch.
Yanker

Adspeed wrote:Check for a little hole under the top bracket. Block one end, blow down the other.
Seen three so far with this........Had to remove bracket weld hole and reweld bracket back on......
Is the u bend tapered Adam? What diameter is it at flange and at 'other' flange? (I just like the word :) )
Adspeed

Yanker wrote:
Adspeed wrote:Check for a little hole under the top bracket. Block one end, blow down the other.
Is the u bend tapered Adam? What diameter is it at flange and at 'other' flange? (I just like the word :) )
Doesn't look particularly tapered reckon it must be something like 48mm.

Mines away for coating hopefully back soon.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information