bgm/mb clubman exhaust

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

Soulsurfer, a PHBH30 with a RamAir straight on the bellmouth___ 70 choke, 55 pilot, AV264 x13, 125 main. It went on the dyno with a 122 main first of all. This was virtually bang on the money but, for safety's sake, I put a 125 in and it dynoed virtually the same so I've left it in.

Jetting was the same with the Indian Clubman, but I have been running in. Only now it's done about 700 miles, and I know from the dyno that it's not weak at full throttle, am I starting to really open it up.
ktmh5
Main scooter: GP225 Mugello

Well I've finally got mine fitted. It's on my SX 150 with Rapido 225 Classic. Also fitted a 30mm phbh with breath sweet filter to replace the 26mm Jetex and the Big Box replaces an Ancillotti. The filter and hose were very squashed by the panel so had to get my ace engineer friend Phil' Varley from Torch Engineering to machine the manifold back a considerable amount.
There is also a bit of an innovation with the airbox thanks to the suggestion and donation of an airbox from Martin (Corrado) from Just Lambretta. I wanted to keep a standard look from the kickstart side whilst having space to put the filter vertical in the airbox space so I got an Indian airbox cut vertically in half so it looks standard from the kickstart side and has room for the filter whilst having the added bonus of extra air to breath from the half air box via the air scoop. I have posted some pic's to illustrate how it looks. I'm very pleased with how it's turned out.
Only ridden the scooter about 10 miles but first impressions are it sounds really nice, it's very quiet on tickover and the power seems very good compared with the previous set up. Don't want to push it too much until it's dynoed at Scooterotica which will be on Monday 22nd, the day after the C2C. I think this would be awesome with a Cyclone. Now that would be a top Birthday present.

Grumpy225
Main scooter: Gori200, rt195, ld150,rb20

Looks good but it's leaking around the stub.

Nothing a little copper RTV can't fix
joey

...got mine on seems ok..had a couple of short runs and a 15 mile fast x country ride and i think most of the baffle wadding is now dust as its gettin louder...hate to think what a long blast preferably up the A1 would do to it..... :?:
Muttley McLadd

joey wrote:i think most of the baffle wadding is now dust as its gettin louder...hate to think what a long blast preferably up the A1 would do to it..... :?:
s**t. There's two of these in my team for this year's Mille.
CakeAndArseParty
joey

[quote="Grumpy225"]Looks good but it's leaking around the stub.

...looking good...just like to point out...take your rear shocker off and see what happens to the air filter...?

I use them and they are very good! its going to rub and damage that nice tool box and the seam of the petrol tank will wear a hole in the filter...
tilt it towards the rear and fit a cut piece of rubber tube to the tank seem....hope this helps for the future..enjoy!
badwrench
Main scooter: Serveta Jet 200

Can any of you guys with one comment on how loud it is compared to an AF Clubman exhaust or an Indian Big Bore ? I used to run an AF Clubman of my Stage 4 Jet 200 with a 28 PHBH Dellorto but recently went to an Indian Big Bore. These days I'm more concerned with it having good bottom end pull around town and not waking up my daughter every time I come home as opposed to maximum top end performance. But if I could have the same volume as an Indian Big Bore and better top end that would be nice. Cheers
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

It's a different tone, but it's still as loud as my old Indian clubman (with loose baffles). On tickover it's relatively quiet"ish" but, on the open road, given the size of the ubend and an enlarged exhaust port, it's never going to be quiet :D
badwrench
Main scooter: Serveta Jet 200

If it's Indian clubman quiet, I'll be interested. If it's AF Clubman "quiet" definitly not. My AF Clubman is pretty stinkin' loud. Thanks
ktmh5
Main scooter: GP225 Mugello

I agree with Storkfoot, it's pretty quiet and sounds good on tickover but gets real throaty when opened up a bit.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information