bgm/mb clubman exhaust

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Stringy

What size is the tailpipe on the new MB Clubman?
Grumpy225
Main scooter: Gori200, rt195, ld150,rb20

Just got these back today

Ceramic coated. $75 each
soulsurfer

That's a bargain, I was quoted £150 for that finish on a Clubman alone :shock:
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
ArmandTanzarian

That finish looks great. I did think about ceramic coating but its just too expensive. A trusty tin of barbecue paint will have to suffice.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
victor
Main scooter: Tv175 but currently a SS210 :)

Grumpy225 wrote:Just got these back today

Ceramic coated. $75 each
Where was that done? Do you know if they accept used exhausts that have been sanded down to bare metal as well...?

Cheers Victor
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

I did the C2C on mine, about 600 miles. The last 100 or so was fairly full throttle on the M6 and the engine must have got pretty hot.

I'd had the exhaust clear powder coated. Now my carb is set ever so slightly rich right across the range, but the powder coat has badly burnt where the box meets the tailpipe. It must get seriously hot in that area.

I suppose a box tipe pipe with a big diameter ubend and expansion "type" performance is likely to :idea:
Grumpy225

victor wrote:
Grumpy225 wrote:Just got these back today

Ceramic coated. $75 each
Where was that done? Do you know if they accept used exhausts that have been sanded down to bare metal as well...?

Cheers Victor

I have a shop local to me in the US that does the work. Typically with used exhausts I have them hot tanked first to remove most of the carbon/oil. Then the coater will blast them clean, heat them up to out gas the metal, coat and polish. There are some good vids on youtube on how the process is done.
Lambrettatastic

I have my MB big box sat here now....just can't decide on a finish.
Had two quotes for a ceramic coat...£306. ,zircotec!!!! And £85,cam coat
Now whilst the later sounds good....just makes me think what the hell were they going to coat it in for £306!?
victor
Main scooter: Tv175 but currently a SS210 :)

Lambrettatastic wrote:I have my MB big box sat here now....just can't decide on a finish.
Now whilst the later sounds good....just makes me think what the hell were they going to coat it in for £306!?
Too bad you can't buy them pre coated - must be much cheaper if it was made on an industrial scale during manufacturing...
Grumpy225

victor wrote:
Lambrettatastic wrote:I have my MB big box sat here now....just can't decide on a finish.
Too bad you can't buy them pre coated - must be much cheaper if it was made on an industrial scale during manufacturing...

In a way you can. The owners of these pipes had them drop shipped to me directly from Jet200. From there I had them coated and will ship them to their final destination. If any shop wants to send their exhausts to me for coating I'm sure we can work out a deal (although shipping to and from the US will eat up any profit).
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information