bgm/mb clubman exhaust

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Shipston it is then :)
dutch

soosh wrote:
dutch wrote:i was gonna put mine on my avanti as sick of waiting for there clubman but have been told it wont fit because of the wide seam around the bgm clubman, now waiting for the bgm/mb 225 racetour kit,
Your going to buy another kit to fit this exhaust?
no was getting it anyway but now dont have to buy another exhaust.
dutch

Angry Bloke wrote:With a little bit of fettling on a couple of fins and a notch in the cowling mine fitted ok

yeah i know with a bit of fettling it will go on but dont need to so wont.
Devlam
Main scooter: Lambretta Li150 Special

A few daft questions if I may

The bracket that's shown in the pics under the casing -- where does this go / what is this used for. Doesn't seem to be doing anything in the pics above and I can't see where it goes on mine??? :?

Do the joints go together just dry or is any kind of joint compound, firegum, sealant etc. required .....?

Mine came with 3 pairs of springs -- one set in within a rubber sleeve. I can see 2 sets of springs used in the pics, but the third pair in rubber?

Cheers.
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

I think you'll find its not fully fitted and that the bracket lines up with the hole in the casing. Plus dry fitted, plus there are three springs to fit..
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

Timbo wrote:I think you'll find its not fully fitted and that the bracket lines up with the hole in the casing. Plus dry fitted, plus there are three springs to fit..
is gonna take a big hammer t make bottom bracket fit rite dry fited or not; or is a bracket stil t be fitted tween case an box,
C’est la vie
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Early cases (e.g. TV200) do not have the additional mounting lug cast into the casing. As the TV200 had a habit of vibrating the silencer to bits, Innocenti put another lower mounting position on to better brace the box and to stop them from having exhaust issues.

This issue is covered in just about every manual, explaining that the period fix for early casings was to drill and tap the closes lug that you can see, then cut the bracket off and reweld it in the appropriate position. The 60s tuning manual covers this in greater detail, whereas most other manuals simply refer to the revised mounting after the TV200.

The same applies to early 125/150/175 cases so if you use one of these (converted to 200cc for an Avanti!) then you would be faced with the same issue.

Adam
Angry Bloke

Adam_Winstone wrote:Early cases (e.g. TV200) do not have the additional mounting lug cast into the casing. As the TV200 had a habit of vibrating the silencer to bits, Innocenti put another lower mounting position on to better brace the box and to stop them from having exhaust issues.

This issue is covered in just about every manual, explaining that the period fix for early casings was to drill and tap the closes lug that you can see, then cut the bracket off and reweld it in the appropriate position. The 60s tuning manual covers this in greater detail, whereas most other manuals simply refer to the revised mounting after the TV200.

The same applies to early 125/150/175 cases so if you use one of these (converted to 200cc for an Avanti!) then you would be faced with the same issue.

Adam
Yes, exactly ,I drilled and tapped the casing but rather than reweld the tab I made a bracket to span the gap :D
Je fettle - Tu fettle - Il fettle - Nous fettleons - Vous fettlez - Ils fettlent

"Broadsword calling Danny boy ,Broadsword calling Danny boy ,over "
slangen
Main scooter: TV200

Changed from Af Clubman to this on my Mugello200 today. It is a new bike, it likes to rev and when doing that theres lot more torque. For me this was the perfect upgrade as I have original TV200 gearing. Well done mr.B.
yozzer
Main scooter: gp200

slangen wrote:Changed from Af Clubman to this on my Mugello200 today. It is a new bike, it likes to rev and when doing that theres lot more torque. For me this was the perfect upgrade as I have original TV200 gearing. Well done mr.B.
i also have the mugello 200 and it is very reliable but have never been happy with top speed so maybe this would be the answer as it wont rev out and thought the exhaust may be the problem.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information