bgm/mb clubman exhaust

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Boothy_the_makem
Playstation gamer tag: Phantomkiller_uk
Main scooter: modded t5 classic wi a parker

im wonderin wether its worth me fitting an indian clubman on my 175 (20mm delly) or just cleaning out the standard exhaust ???????
Canny lass, Geordie girl, he gave her pints and fags and grub and shorts. Canny lass, Geordie girl, she gave him earache and penal warts,Penal warts.
dutch

DaveTomo wrote:Looks like there's clubmans suddenly appearing everywhere
there like bloody london buses
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Let's hope it happens with 5 speed boxes too.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

victor wrote:What costs are we talking for ceramic? And can it be done to a used exhaust should it be sanded down to bare metal?
Here's an idea .... http://www.camcoat.u-net.com/Exhtprices2002.htm
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

corrado wrote:
victor wrote:What costs are we talking for ceramic? And can it be done to a used exhaust should it be sanded down to bare metal?
Here's an idea .... http://www.camcoat.u-net.com/Exhtprices2002.htm

PRICES FOR COATING CUSTOMER EXHAUSTS EFFECTIVE 10TH APRIL 2002
Lamaddict

Fitted my BGM MB Clubman this morning and went out for a spin this afternoon. Definately better that the other Clubmans I've had. Running 19X46 GP200 SIL box, 28 Dell, MB SIL RT 215. Faster,quieter and smoother through all the gears with a better top end, pulled like mad from gear to gear. I found myself riding round in 3rd behind cars and it felt OK. I sprayed it with black high temp BBQ paint,siver paint never lasts looking good with all the oil around a Lammie engine. Well done MB!
LittleBritishCar
Main scooter: LI 125

I just received mine here in California today. It looks like an extremely well made exhaust. Too bad my bike is totally disassembled because I want to try it out! I am going to try the ceramic coating instead of paint. I am also having a set of MG headers coated and ran across this video which talks about the advantages of ceramic -vs- paint http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDwahD0Fk4w
lozmondo

Took my SR186 with MB shorty reed and 24mm TM for a spin today...the improvement over the previous ancillotti is huge, not only does it fit properly, it sounds nicer, revs better & pulls better

Very impressed
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

I've done about 100 miles on mine now, on a GT186. Previously I had a scabby Indian clubman on.

First thing I noticed what that you do lose a bit of low end torque, but not much it has to be said. But, stick it on a by-pass and whack the throttle open, then it comes into it's own. Definitely so much more power on tap than a standard clubman. So, if you're buying one to get expansion like performance from a box pipe then my initial impression is that it does that. It likes to rev.

On the dyno, at PSL, Kirkby, it produced maximum power of 15.77 at around 7000 revs whilst torque was 12.69 which it broadly held from 5000 to 7000 revs.

Fitment wise though, I had several issues. A couple of these issues were caused by me having a large packer, however, most seem to stem from the Taiwanese welder not using a jig. Suffice to say that the dremel and the vice have been in use several times but it fits now.
soulsurfer

storkfoot wrote:I've done about 100 miles on mine now, on a GT186. Previously I had a scabby Indian clubman on.

First thing I noticed what that you do lose a bit of low end torque, but not much it has to be said. But, stick it on a by-pass and whack the throttle open, then it comes into it's own. Definitely so much more power on tap than a standard clubman. So, if you're buying one to get expansion like performance from a box pipe then my initial impression is that it does that. It likes to rev.

On the dyno, at PSL, Kirkby, it produced maximum power of 15.77 at around 7000 revs whilst torque was 12.69 which it broadly held from 5000 to 7000 revs.

Fitment wise though, I had several issues. A couple of these issues were caused by me having a large packer, however, most seem to stem from the Taiwanese welder not using a jig. Suffice to say that the dremel and the vice have been in use several times but it fits now.
Can I ask what carb and jetting you we're using and any adjustments since fitting the MB pipe?
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information