VW reverse cone,good idea or not?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

I thought there was a version that had baffles.
Great looking pipes.
mr mugello

Adam_Winstone wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:29 pm They are much better... for about 1 week, then they are the same as they've always been... LOUD! That said, much of it depends on the motor that you're using it on; a small cc bike with limited exhaust port size will only be loud, whereas a bigger cc with big exhaust port will be loud as !
Just reading this old thread as having had one 20 odd years ago. I think it was sold as the AF VW reverse cone exhaust. I remember to notice the same thing happened to mine, got louder after a short while, what little baffles it had, must have shaken loose. Most comments are that they are a decent all round exhaust, allowing the engine to rev on, but just so bloody noisy. Was thinking about getting one again. Are the AF ones sold nowadays just as noisy as they always were ?
GTFOMWSC
Main scooter: GP230 Super Monza CS Tuned

funny just saw this reminded me that i have 2 a newer version with the tailpipe fixed to the box and an original with the vw beetle exhaust pipe clamped on.Reminded me that i used to nick the old batty neighbours vw pipes off their beetle as they used to complain to my parents that i was riding up and down the street with no helmet on.The morning after i'd nicked them in the middle of the night i used to peak out of my bedroom window and watch the old gits start the car up and then p155 myself laughing at them as it sounded like a tank lol.Anyway yes bloody loud but not too bad if your the one riding it,my mates behind me didn't like them as they were the ones getting the full noise blast.
the man don't give a f@@k
mr mugello

Handy news to know. According to AF they have replaced the tailpipes on their latest batch to quiet them down, but do still retain the old school sound. Last batch was apparently too loud. Will keep the neighbours happy, hopefully !
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

GTFOMWSC wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:29 pm they used to complain to my parents that i was riding up and down the street with no helmet on.
So did I...........the problem was it was legal then
Muttley McLadd

If the AF ones are too loud, get one made by someone else. And run it on an engine that doesn't have an exhaust port the size of potato.
I ran one, and it was fine. A far less irritating sound than something that sounds like a crosser stuck in second gear.
CakeAndArseParty
mr mugello

Should get it by this weekend. Will come back on how it compares to past ones I have fitted.
mr mugello

Insanely loud still !
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

The only reason why anyone suggests that they've got quieter is because they've got one and damaged their hearing to the extent that they no longer hear it at true volume!
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

:lol:
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information