Scootrs cdi

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
a.j

any good? For 9.99 I'd question the quality maybe but seeing as they're over 20 quid everywhere else are the scootrs one's worth a punt?
coaster

No idea about the scootRs ones but I have been using a £10 Indian one off ebay for a few years now. I carry a couple of others as spares which have been fitted a couple of times to eliminate suspisions about a possible fault but the old one had always gone back on. I did have an electrical fault on the scoot a few years ago which blew 4 cdi's including 2 Ducatti's so I have been reluctant to buy another Ducatti until I was sure the fault had been eradicated....I guess that time has come really but it will only be for high rev capability where the pattern ones might cause misfiring.
a.j

Hmmm...hi rev you say. Mine coughed spluttered & died in a monsoon on the A31 yesterday while i was rushing to get home. A slight inconvenience but I borrowed one, so now need to replace mine.
scooterjet
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1 TS1

My TS1 was also running rough to and from the Modra rally in all the rain but noticed the cdi terminating points were filling with water which can't be helping. Mine seemed to run better caning it in 3rd but when changing to 4th and dropping the revs caused erratic running. I happened to be carrying a jar of vaseline :oops: so smeared some on the terminals but maybe I should resite the cdi in the tool box. It has been suggested that open carbs may have been freezing up in the snow that was around. Scoot did run a lot better when I got to sunny Gloucestershire.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

I've had them and they seem to work fine but I bined the HT lead as it was the "hard" type that only wanted to go where it wanted to go.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information