SIP speedo sensor cable.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

Hi all, I have switched from the standard speedo cable on my SIP speedo to the sensor type. I am getting a blue light from the sensor but it stays solid all the time. I was under the impression it would flash on and off as it passed over the magnet. Could anyone shed some light on this and point me in the right direction please? Cheers inadvance Pete.
rapido230
Main scooter: vespa 210 & lambretta gp

Mine was similar but not continuous. I moved it away from magnets a little in case it picking up Hub studs or something
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

rapido230 wrote:Mine was similar but not continuous. I moved it away from magnets a little in case it picking up Hub studs or something
Cheers I'll try that. Thanks Pete.
Leggetto
Main scooter: SX200

Where can I buy this set up
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Errr...SIP....

But I also think you can get the sensor from beedspeed
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

I think there are a few English dealers stocking the unit but Beedspeed seem to sell all the extras as well
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

10 inch Terror wrote:Hi all, I have switched from the standard speedo cable on my SIP speedo to the sensor type. I am getting a blue light from the sensor but it stays solid all the time. I was under the impression it would flash on and off as it passed over the magnet. Could anyone shed some light on this and point me in the right direction please? Cheers inadvance Pete.
Hi Pete, your problem intrigued me so I thought I would double check mine to see what it did. It looks like I may have given you a bit of a bum steer before :oops: . I originally thought that the blue light came on when it senses the wheel stud/magnet and indeed it does the first time after turning on the speedo. However after that it seems that it turns off every time it sees the wheel stud, the reverse of what I thought!
The other thought I had was that as you are using a magnet and magnets have a north and South Pole, does it matter which way round you use it?
Maybe some of this info may be of some use ;)
rapido230
Main scooter: vespa 210 & lambretta gp

Search for the koso speed sensor etc online, I got mine from Italy in 1 day and 1/3 the price of what sip charge
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information