Couple of Avanti TT3 questions

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Too mod'ish! :shock: lol
RBG

coaster wrote:Thanks Adam , I can buy that, my path to lambretta enlightenment has taken a step forward 8-)
And me.

I have spoke to Ron.
However I do like to get peoples opinions and know why I can, can't or shouldn't do something.
Plus if I'm thinking it, somebody here will have tried it.

I'll drop to an 18 front sprocket and it will give me a 4.7 if I don't like the box I'll swap it.

I'll go with the 58/107 crank.

Would a 58stroke 110rod and a 3mm base gasket not leave one with the same port timings as a 107 rod or does
other things come into play?
coaster

RBG wrote:Would a 58stroke 110rod and a 3mm base gasket not leave one with the same port timings as a 107 rod or does other things come into play?
That's what I did, the crank was already fitted from my previous 225 engine so just put the TT3 straight on (transfers had already been opened out). I originally bought the 110 rodded crank having read that was the best thing to do but always suspected that the benifits were probably marginal. Adam has confirmed it, mind you it does mean that the rod is a yamaha one so will be more than up to the task.
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

^... all the things that I like about forums too. My learning curve seriously benefits from some of the excellent info that gets posted on here by tuners (thanks guys) and there is always something to learn, whether it be tuning, resto info stuff or other.

All good :)

Adam
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information