RB 250 Cyclone Gearbox

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
servetakid
Main scooter: Jet 200

shocky wrote:
Lamaddict wrote:So how many BHP's have they been tested to? I guess the RB250 should go to about 30 BHP. I could put a 4 speed box but thought the 5 speed would really push it close to 100MPH with the right combination....?
dont you need about 40 bhp for that unless its a cutdown with fairing ?
It would be interesting to see... One thin is for certain, it wont hang around!
Speed Demon
Dealer

Quite a few people have run 100mph+ lammies in the past - I don't know why it is treated as such a revered figure, it's only 1% scarier than doing 99mph :)

But I think Shocky's right, stock scooters with full legshields are pretty un-aerodynamic so you need a lot more power - maybe 20% more to do the last 5mph
Get to SULK
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

100mph... I was nearly there!

... on a dyno :( :lol:
Yanker

Speed Demon wrote:Quite a few people have run 100mph+ lammies in the past - I don't know why it is treated as such a revered figure, it's only 1% scarier than doing 99mph :)

But I think Shocky's right, stock scooters with full legshields are pretty un-aerodynamic so you need a lot more power - maybe 20% more to do the last 5mph
Sticky, Do i remember rightly that your road test of the RB250 (over geared I think u reported at the time) was a couple of MPH short of the 'magical 100' figure?

So perhaps a purpose designed/more recent exhaust and the 5 speed box could make up that little difference for the reverential 100MPH club evangelists?
oktc123
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Muttley McLadd wrote:
drunkmunkey6969 wrote: Don't be a stupid...what kind of idiot wouldn't ask the price of goods before he purchased? Affordability is the question, not desirability.
I think you'll find there's PLENTY of idiots around!!
The kind of idiot who is going to purchase it regardless of cost! There is only a limited amount of these being produced.
Affordability may be the question for many, desirability will be the question for the few.

Seems the idiots are in the few then!!

No firm purchase price on this yet, so I was informed today.
Lamaddict

The RB250 building with a 5 speed box will be road going but not rally going, I'm really aiming to go sprinting here in the US ( I'm an Expat!).

What's the highest BHP the standard 5 Cyclone gearbox has gone up to?

The box seems well built. I guess that partly the design of a Lambretta gearbox area doesn't help the gears as motorbike gears can be the same size and even thinner?
jonashford
Main scooter: Lambretta SX RB235

Ill be using my rb260 with cyclone for rally going. It's going to the euro rally in June taking in 7 different countries there and back
Yanker

jonashford wrote:Ill be using my rb260 with cyclone for rally going. It's going to the euro rally in June taking in 7 different countries there and back
Including Andora, The Vatican, San Morino and Luxembourg, or via Liechenstein? The Rally is in June 'fo sho' but leaving Grimthorpe in May and returning.....? :D
gp200ts1
Main scooter: lambretta series 2

bit p155 poor on the supply side, yes 150 boxes were delivered to the uk this week but there were only 90 sliding dogs/selectors so although i've paid for my gearbox and optional 5th gear i cant have my gearbox because it aint complete!
very frustrating considering i've paid for it all
Train Driver

gp200ts1 wrote:bit p155 poor on the supply side, yes 150 boxes were delivered to the uk this week but there were only 90 sliding dogs/selectors so although i've paid for my gearbox and optional 5th gear i cant have my gearbox because it aint complete!
very frustrating considering i've paid for it all
I'm rich I'm rich :lol: :lol:
I've got an extra dog 8-) 8-)
TS1 and PX stay in the garage (future barn finds) out on the GTS 300 when I go out on a scooter.
I know I’ll get there and back
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information