150-200cc case mod

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
RBG

Hi

I've got two modifiable Spanish 150 cases to modify to 200cc

Who's tooling up to do this at the moment?

Thanks.
cgt75b
Main scooter: lambretta

Harry Barlow Cs engineering mb group take your pick.
ktmh5
Main scooter: GP225 Mugello

Chiselspeed did a great job for me.
vicvega
Main scooter: Scomadi

What makes a case modifiable? Can any small block case be done? If so does anyone know what sort of cost to get it done and any drawbacks, if any. :?:
coaster

vicvega wrote:What makes a case modifiable? Can any small block case be done? If so does anyone know what sort of cost to get it done and any drawbacks, if any. :?:
The Spanish cases have a lot more metal around the crancase opening which allows for cutting out the transfers. Any i50 case can be used but non Spanish ones will need extra weld added in and then machined. I recently had an Indian 150 case done at CS Engineering who charged £200. Apparently the Indian ally is full of imperfections and have to be chased out before and during the wellding process. Nice job and it all bolted up without any problems 8-)
shocky

the last indian cases were made generic as well so are 200 size but the stud positions are 150 as is the spigot size there require very little welding so could be a good bet i thought the going rate was around £120 but i guess if alot of cleaning needs doing then the price will rise as a welder ive never found used ally parts easy to weld wether they be scooter car or motorbike they welde better with a silicone wire which deoxidises the metel a liittle are bring impurities to the surface
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
coaster

shocky wrote:..i thought the going rate was around £120
TBH, so did I but I guess the price is in line with the cost of a new/used casing, £250 or so plus? It was the case from the 150 engine you sold me Steve.
colin
carlos fandango

coaster wrote: The Spanish cases have a lot more metal around the crancase opening which allows for cutting out the transfers. Any i50 case can be used but non Spanish ones will need extra weld added in and then machined. I recently had an Indian 150 case done at CS Engineering who charged £200. Apparently the Indian ally is full of imperfections and have to be chased out before and during the wellding process. Nice job and it all bolted up without any problems 8-)
Not all spanish 150 cases , only the later ones ;)
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information