Remade SX Headlamp rim - please recommend one that fits

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
sideout
Main scooter: SX150/GP Muggy/LiS3 Avanti TT3

I've never had much joy in buying remade SX Headlamp rims which didn't need major surgery with a Dremel! :roll:
Has anyone ever bought one that fitted? or even nearly fitted? ;)
It's for an early SX, I think head set castings changed subtly at least once between '66 and '68.

I know I could get an original one re-chromed, but I'm not confident the pitting could be totally removed :(

Any thoughts (or pi55 taking) gratefully received, as usual :)

Cheers,

Nigel
jazzyb

Got mine from scooter restorations no probs 8-)
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

The best bet is to take your headset to a parts fair where you can try them and then you should get one that fits. It's a pain but then again it's a pain bodging them to fit too.

I recall buying a remade [presumed Viet] one at a parts fair about 10 years ago, then noticing a Casa one for sale for £10, still in it's original packaging so snapped that up too. Needless to say the Casa one didn't fit and the other one did? Then again my headset may have been Viet too.

The fit of the Viet light surrounds on Viet headsets is as good as I've seen, including SX and GP. No guarantee they fit Italian headsets though.

Thankfully the Indians don't do SX ones, they can't make a headset top that fits a headset bottom.

I'd Matt Black the original one. :mrgreen:
coaster

I have had several vietnamese ones and the only one that fitted was a ScootRs one. Onfortunatly it must have been made of cellery as it snapped putting it on :roll: I eventually picked up a Casa one from a trader at Mersea whi9ch fits my ITALIAN LiS headset perfectly.
Boothy_the_makem
Playstation gamer tag: Phantomkiller_uk
Main scooter: modded t5 classic wi a parker

I bought a headlight with rim from wicksteed many years ago. might be casa . also a remade frontmudguard and used them last year for special build . luckily perfect fit.

gp came with a naff plastic rim with chrome peeling off but excellent fit.

bought a polished ally one and its a better fit now after fettling but not 100%

Lambretta lottery :)
Canny lass, Geordie girl, he gave her pints and fags and grub and shorts. Canny lass, Geordie girl, she gave him earache and penal warts,Penal warts.
Muttley McLadd

Every piece of bodywork I've had from Pat at Saigon Scooter Center has been perfect.

I ditched the Italion headset that was on mine and put one on from Saigon - it's better.
CakeAndArseParty
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Muttley McLadd wrote: I ditched the Italion headset that was on mine and put one on from Saigon - it's better.
..... and you try tellin' the kids of today that and they won't believe you .... nope, they won't believe you.

Muttley McLadd

corrado wrote: ..... and you try tellin' the kids of today that and they won't believe you .... nope, they won't believe you.
Funny thing is, one of those kids bought the italion headset top off me for the same as I paid for the whole thing from Saigon. The bottom half went in the pile of crap (that doesn't fit) at the back of the garage.
CakeAndArseParty
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Luxury...we used to dream of a pile of crap( that didn't fit) at the back of the garage
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Boothy_the_makem
Playstation gamer tag: Phantomkiller_uk
Main scooter: modded t5 classic wi a parker

Ive got a big cardboard box
Canny lass, Geordie girl, he gave her pints and fags and grub and shorts. Canny lass, Geordie girl, she gave him earache and penal warts,Penal warts.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information