ramair filter

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
marktheskin
Main scooter: SIL GP150/vespa when its broke

this may seem like a stupid question but i was wondering if the position(angle) of a ramair filter would affect performance? my logic was if its pointing towards the back of the scooter its going to be harder for air intake than if it was bolt up right or pointing towards the front of the scooter? kinda of like an into the wind vs with the wind approach?
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

No the direction won't make a difference. Air is sucked into the engine through the filter when the piston goes up the bore, and is expelled through the exhaust when it comes back down.

If you have a u shaped rubber between your carb and the filter that can have an adverse effect on the ability of the carb to breath but that's a different issue.
CANbus

Hi

I did see on the other forum a comment made that pointing the filter towards the back wheel may not be the best, as the air flow may be effected by the flywheel intake. I'm not sure how reliable the comment is but I would be interested in others comments regarding this.

Cheers
11111111 = 0xFF
warts
Main scooter: honda

Is there any ram effect inside a Lambretta side panel?
Just a load of hot air?
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

I knew I'd seen a photo of Eden's like this and that runs ok

http://scooterotica.org/forum/viewtopic ... er#p168493
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
marktheskin
Main scooter: SIL GP150/vespa when its broke

i fitted it today and cos im running just a standard fuel tank at the minute cos im skint from buying a disc conversion ive just put it up right and it seems to run just as good as before :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information