Source for li series three polished chaincase

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Junglemod
Main scooter: 62 series 3 li

Hi
I bought myself a air tool polishing kit a spent three hours just trying to get some sort of a Finnish to the front part of my chaincase .
I've done all my twist grips and other bits and bobs they came up a treat .so my method is right just seem to have a big difference in alli quality ?
So thought I'd post if anyone knew of a good source for a already polished one ? Scooter is a 62 li series three 150 .
What will and won't fit if I replace mine ?
Sorry for the mundane question
Cheers Steve
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Basically any slim style side case will fit onto the crankcase. The s1 and 2 ones will fit but tend to have a stuck out kickstart buffer. If you pick a GP one you'll probably need to change the kickstart shaft and definitely the clutch centre pressure plate.

There's a few on eBay but all GP style
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Junglemod

rosscla wrote:Basically any slim style side case will fit onto the crankcase. The s1 and 2 ones will fit but tend to have a stuck out kickstart buffer. If you pick a GP one you'll probably need to change the kickstart shaft and definitely the clutch centre pressure plate.

There's a few on eBay but all GP style
Cheers for the info on gp ones ,ill stalk evil bay see what comes up .
Steve
jonny snatchsniffer

why not take it to a finisher/chromer and get them to polish it
sydduckett

Sounds as though your air kit may not be up to the job. To do a chaincase or front you really need a belt driven jobby and 2-3 diff compounds and mops starting with coarse and moving upwards. You can do it with smaller tools but it will take an age and the finish wont be as good.

As said your better off getting yours polished proffesionaly as then you will get the finish you want and not have to pay for a new one and poss parts.
Junglemod

Cheers for all the help , think that's probably the best bet getting the original one done and it's true to the scoot aswell .
Need a polisher in Bristol now .
Cheers Steve
coaster

Junglemod wrote:Hi
I bought myself a air tool polishing kit a spent three hours just trying to get some sort of a Finnish to the front part of my chaincase .
I've done all my twist grips and other bits and bobs they came up a treat .so my method is right just seem to have a big difference in alli quality ?
You need to go over the whole case with wet&dry to get rid of the deep and not so deep scratches before getting stuck in with the polishing mops. You will also find it quicker to use the 3" mops and polishing soaps with mains powered elecric drill. You will be able to put a LOT more pressure on than with an air tool.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information