Lambretta sip speedo is it more hassle than its worth ??

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

Well it had to happen......

Bought it via eBay from a well known Welsh dealer, in July 14, fitted in December (as frame had to be welded & sprayed) and it worked perfectly straight out of the box..until.

WSM rally, bit of rain over the weekend so speedo started reading very low speed wise all the way home.
No biggie I though -I'll fix that it'll be the cable drive (bought the electronic speed sensor at great expense and that came without mounting bracket so I ordered the other brackets from SCK yesterday).

Started her up today pre mot checks and first she over read 125mph? I think not! and now the speedo is blank and the needle is 'stuck' on 12000 revs.

bloody great.

Any ideas?

Obviously its still under a year so I'll be contacting the dealer & will update here.

Update 1.
Still no reply as yet from the dealer, I'll post their name if I am forced to write directly to SIP, which I will do later this week as I am anxious to get this item back within the year warranty.
Update 2.
Had reply will ring them tomorrow.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information