Lambretta Disc Brake Hydraulic ANTI - DIVE Disk Disc Kit

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

corrado wrote:I don't think that the earliest scootrs anti dive brackets had any form of rose joint, just a tie bars with a hole at either end.
That's what I was expecting.If I hadn't already ordered my new rose joints, I may not have bothererd once I found out the ScootRS tie bar already had some fitted!

Still think the new ones look sexier though :D .
rbgaz
Main scooter: gp rb230 dragster 180lc

corrado wrote:I don't think that the earliest scootrs anti dive brackets had any form of rose joint, just a tie bars with a hole at either end.
i have the early tie bar, can u get the newer one corrado ? ive looked on scoot rs site cant find them
YAMLAM

Minority wrote:
YAMLAM wrote:
Minority wrote:Works really well, I've just fitted the anti dive update to mine and that was really worthwhile. A lot of people in our club, PLSC, use them. Also available from justlambretta.com who is renowned for good service and good prices for forum members.
Did the Bolts holding the original "tie-Bar " have a M8 thread and a larger shoulder (about 12mm, that sits thru the existing brackets ) ?
i have bought the parts you listed , perhaps my anti-dive is an older model.
I'll check and take a pic of the bolt, but looking at the tie bar that came with my ScootRS antidive kit, I would say that they are straight 8mm bolts.
This is the tie bar that came with my kit:

As you can see, it already has cruder rose joints fitted that are about 12mm diameter and takes an 8mm bolt.
I think you are correct, ScootRS have updated (and improved!! :o ) their product.

I would think that you should be able to replace your bolts with suitable 8mm bolts.
Your tiebar must be the updated, mine just has 12mm holes, i cant just use M8 bolts because the brackets on the disc and fork leg also have 12mm holes . looks like i need to get the shoulder on the bolts partly machined down.
win or lose have a booze
Minority

YAMLAM wrote:Your tiebar must be the updated, mine just has 12mm holes, i cant just use M8 bolts because the brackets on the disc and fork leg also have 12mm holes . looks like i need to get the shoulder on the bolts partly machined down.
If the tie bar and the brackets have 12mm holes how does that work?
Is there a 12m nut on the back of the bolts, pretty big!, and if so how does the bolt not clamp the tie bar down tight? (and therefore prevent it from pivoting).
Maybe I'm just being a bit thick today :biggrin:
sparklymarkly
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

This is all getting a bit confusing!
My SRS kit came with the same tie bar as shown above - yes it has rose bearings fitted but they are rubbish!
Every time I applied the brake, it 'clicked' like the noise you get when your steering bearings are knackered.
I ordered the bits Minority recommended (great service from them by the way - placed order at 4.45pm Friday night and parts arrived at 9.30am Saturday!).
Anyway replaced my tie bar with these bits yesterday and it looks ace and doesn't make daft noises anymore.
Quality kit & simple job- many thanks for the heads-up :fb:
Bolt-wise, I just used my existing ones - (might need to replace one with a slightly longer one at some point) but they are definitely M8 holes in both (on mine anyway) - using 12 & 13mm spanners on head/nut respectively.
Hope that clears things up?

Off to VWP later for some of those brake hose clips......I love this forum - it's a mine of information!
Cheers all.
YAMLAM

No your not being thick, it uses a shoulder bolt see link.http://www.shoulder-screws.co.uk/?gclid ... tAodBkgARA

the hex of my bolt is 14mm af, the nut is 13mm (standard M8 thread).either way i cant use the rose joints unless i can get the shoulder machined down. wheres that mick Dale when you need him :!:
win or lose have a booze
Minority

YAMLAM wrote:No your not being thick, it uses a shoulder bolt see link.http://www.shoulder-screws.co.uk/?gclid ... tAodBkgARA

the hex of my bolt is 14mm af, the nut is 13mm (standard M8 thread).either way i cant use the rose joints unless i can get the shoulder machined down. wheres that mick Dale when you need him :!:
I think you will be fine, the nut & bolt that is supplied with the new tie bar sounds basically the same but without the 12mm shoulder (8mm nut, which as you say fits a 13mm spanner, and head of bolt fits 14mm spanner).
Using the rose joints that I used, the bolt can be replaced with a standard non shouldered 8mm bolt and everything should fit!

Here are the pics of the bolt supplied with the "new" tie bar that I used with my rose joint modification.

gaz_powell

gonna fit mine as soon as i have a couple of hours

got my kit off 2nd hand - unused - has anyone got ScootRS fitting instructions - all seems pretty straight forward but wouldnt mind a look at what they say

cheers

gaz
Beanhead
Main scooter: 1970 Lambretta gp

just ordered mine...... top tip!!!
Facebook - Lee Bardsley

Vesperados S.C

Sent from my PC using My Fingers
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

rbgaz wrote:
i have the early tie bar, can u get the newer one corrado ? ive looked on scoot rs site cant find them
I'd go with the Ebay rose joints, they're better quality, you may need slightly longer bolts though, 30mm instead of 25mm [assuming there's space].
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information