Honda 205 barrell?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
lammer205

Hello lads i've just pulled the head and barrell of my honda205 kit it needs new rings, the barrel has the name M.Burness or M.Bunness engraved on it does anyone have an idea who it is just out of intrest?Also does anyone know if there is a measurement i can make to see if the barrel was top an tailed i have no other barrell to judge against,and if anyone can point me in the direction of a new set of rings i would greatly appreciate it .Cheers Hicksy.
J1MS

Usually shortened to 100mm... but some people stroke out the crank to 60mm then the barrels left 101mm standard length gasket face to gasket face..
RinB
Main scooter: Reflections in Blue

I use to top barrel by 2mm and use 1mm packer to get better tranfers and mid range power
Therefore 99.5 barrel hieght based on stand 101.5

I presume Piston is off a MTX200
I have numbers as follow in me little book - Part No 13012 for the piston and 13013 for the rings
But been a while since ive done one of these

Oh also got this number for Honda part for rings 130A1-KJ1-003

Smiffy
If its made of Metal Fettle it !!
lammer205

Cheers for the info lads new set of rings sourced the serial numbers was great to get hold off made things much simpler, Ta.So just one more thing where can i get a 1mill thick base gasket? cheers Hicksy.
maxi
Main scooter: LIS 190

Hi hicksy were did you get rings from?iam after a set as well cheers maxi
Ride it hard
shocky

there was one on ebay yesterday packer that is most places like taffsped will have them i spoke to ian on sunday and he sais they had some packers as i was after a 3mm one ring him and ask
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

lammer205 wrote:So just one more thing where can i get a 1mill thick base gasket? cheers Hicksy.
You can use a couple of standard base gaskets for a 1mm packer, but you can make one if you wish.

Take a base gasket and lay it on a sheet of 1mm ali. Spray over the gasket with a paint can and let it dry. Peel off the gasket and cut away all the ali that is painted.

A "monodex" cutter is an excellent tool for this kind of work.

Smiffy's suggestion above to increase the transfer timing is the way I used to do this conversion, and they were probably the best piston-conversion on a Lambretta barrel you could do. Simple, fast, reliable.
Martin
lammer205

Hi lads, i know some people think this is a waste of a tuned barrel kit but have any of you used a honda205 with a clubman an 22mil carb looking for jetting set-up's cheers.Maxi will look up the name of shop when i get home, and again lads thanks for the gasket advice,cheers Hicksy.
shocky

lammer205 wrote:Hi lads, i know some people think this is a waste of a tuned barrel kit but have any of you used a honda205 with a clubman an 22mil carb looking for jetting set-up's cheers.Maxi will look up the name of shop when i get home, and again lads thanks for the gasket advice,cheers Hicksy.
2 people by me use them on there sx 200,s with 25mm carbs mark wints has be going strong for over 10yrs and that included a trip to rimmini over the alps charlies needs a rebore after similar lenght of time but more miles not all honda 205,s are ported to race spec some for touring
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
maxi
Main scooter: LIS 190

I don't mean to sound daft but what do you mean top barrel by 2mm? :roll:
RinB wrote:I use to top barrel by 2mm and use 1mm packer to get better tranfers and mid range power
Therefore 99.5 barrel hieght based on stand 101.5
I presume Piston is off a MTX200
I have numbers as follow in me little book - Part No 13012 for the piston and 13013 for the rings
But been a while since ive done one of these

Oh also got this number for Honda part for rings 130A1-KJ1-003

Smiffy
Ride it hard
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information