BGM PRO vintage 12 volt CDI unit

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Philipp
Dealer

Hi Adam!

Okay, maybe everything a problem of internet than personal contact. I owe you beer if we ever met.

Can Gary please contact me thru philipp[at]scooter-center.com, we will for sure exchange a faulty item. Sorry for the trouble that has caused and the time you both had to waste!

Cheers

Philipp
philipp@scooter-center.com
0049 (0) 2238 -307459
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Hi Philipp,

No problem, I just wanted to help Gary to resolve the issue that he was having, as I thought that it would probably be an issue with how he had it wired up. As the thread had already been posted I thought that it was probably best to report onmy findings. I totally agree that anyone with an issue should contact you directly (I will pass on the email address).

As I've already said, I think that your BGM products are generally excellent and have helped the scooter scene greatly. I hope that you get to the bottom of the issues ASAP.

Regards,

Adam
Philipp
Dealer

Hello,

With all the trouble this caused we have send all the CDIs back to the manufacturer and told we need replacement. There seems to be a design fault in the serial production. As soon as we know what this was, I will let you know.

For everyone who bought a CDI and it is not wotrking or he is in doubt, please contact me directly at philipp[at]scooter-center.com and I will sort it out!

Sorry,

Philipp
0049 (0) 2238 -307459
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

Philipp wrote:
The bgm red CDI and the Vintage CDI do have the same internals. So they should work the same.
Philipp, can I assume you have also sent the red ones back? I ask as I was considering buying one this week.

Paul
Philipp
Dealer

Hi Paul!

no, the red ones are fine. Don't worry, these work.

I am curious what was wrong with the Vintage CDI. As soon as I know it, I will let you know!

Cheers,

Philipp
0049 (0) 2238 -307459
ktmh5
Main scooter: GP225 Mugello

Philipp wrote:Hi Paul!

no, the red ones are fine. Don't worry, these work.

I am curious what was wrong with the Vintage CDI. As soon as I know it, I will let you know!

Cheers,

Philipp
Any news on these yet Philipp. Did you get to the bottom of the problem/

Rich'
byron
Main scooter: Li Special; scarred,but sound

was thinking of getting one of these for the original-ish series II I am currently building.
all problems sorted out now ??
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information