sip speedo working with wassel

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
sideout
Main scooter: SX150/GP Muggy/LiS3 Avanti TT3

simonwwfc wrote:ive just got mine delivered from pm tuning yesterday and havnt taken it out the box any tips fitting to curry gp125 also have i heard something regards speedo cable that it isnt the correct fit ? if so wot do i need thanks simon
You just need a normal Italian type speedo cable, not an Indian one. The thread size on the speedo ferrule is different. I've fitted 3 now and they've all calibrated perfectly against a GPS. :) :fb:
simonwwfc

thanks for help :fb:
soulsurfer

Eden wrote:order the magnetic speeed sensor if your worried about the cable drive, i chose the magnetic sensor because thats the type of speedo ive used for the last 5 or 6 years and they work well.

you would need these
http://www.sip-scootershop.com/en/produ ... kobf640j05
http://www.sip-scootershop.com/en/produ ... obi002s08n
http://www.sip-scootershop.com/en/produ ... kobf010700 or http://www.sip-scootershop.com/en/produ ... kobb550w00
How do these sensors work? I understand magnets are used, but where and how do they fit? Why are there different size magnets available?
Thanks
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
soulsurfer

Thanks for explaining Eden ;-)
How is the magnet fixed?
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

With the "active" speed sensor that SIP sell for the Speedo (the one with the little blue light) you don't need a magnet. It will pick up a signal from any bolt head (provided, as Eden says, it is adjusted to the correct distance). The blue light makes it easy to set the distance as it goes on (or is it off?) when it senses the bolt.
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

Eden wrote:Interesting, I have the one with the blue light but I've used the magnet, how does it know a wheel revolution if it's reading bolt heads?
Well, it does have to be a bolt that goes round with the wheel :lol: . I picked up off the wheel stud (rear), but you could use the disc mounting bolts.
When you use "ext" for the speedo input on the SIP, it gives you an option for the number of pulses sensed per revolution of the wheel.
In my case 4 for the number of wheel studs. If you were using the disc mounting bolts it would be 6 (or however many bolts there are holding on the disc).
simonwwfc

What have you got the wheel ratio setting on for sensor ? spoke to ian frankland yesterday afternoon he said 13.20 ????
simonwwfc

at the fitting stage now do i fit sip speedo sensor or fit itailan speedo cable ?? just not sure if i like looks off cable from sensor hanging in way
simonwwfc

Eden wrote:"hanging in the way"? run it along with your brake fluid hose................ that reminds me, from the pic of your outboard disk it looks like you are using the rubber hose supplied with the disk, you really should change that for a braided hose or your brake may well be spongy ;)

its entirely up to you which speedo option you use, both work so take your pick :)
outboard disk not me ?? ive got a braided brake hose on mine thanks . well ive got it all up and running finished this morning . ive only set the clock as had the scooter in dining room yesterday eve fitting (set clock outside whilst ticking over ) i havnt touched anything else as to cold outside but must say they look well smart . i fitted my temp sensor to engine cowling bolt heres a little picture
sideout
Main scooter: SX150/GP Muggy/LiS3 Avanti TT3

simonwwfc wrote: ...well ive got it all up and running finished this morning . ive only set the clock as had the scooter in dining room yesterday eve fitting (set clock outside whilst ticking over ) i havnt touched anything else as to cold outside but must say they look well smart . i fitted my temp sensor to engine cowling bolt heres a little picture
There you are Simon, nothing to worry about :) :fb: :fb: :fb:
Looks great matey, well done!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information