sip speedo working with wassel

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

victor wrote:So seven pages on, some of you must have fitted it to a Tv/SX type headset. Have you noticed the same issue as described by Sticky in Scootering..?

Really want one, not only for the temp gauge but also for the second mph indicator as my Tv is European with km/h speedo :D
I 've fitted one to mine and I did have clearance problems, even without using the speedo cable (using the electronic sensor).
I still think it's worth fitting, just don't expect it to be "plug & play" as it were.
Not quite sure what you mean by the "second MPH indicator". There is only one speed indicator, it's digital and can be either MPH or KPH but is not changeable on the move.

Wolf
Main scooter: 1965 li150 special

soulsurfer wrote:Is there there any way of telling whether you have the latest version (with low fuel indicator) from the packaging prior to fitting?
just had a look at my packaging , it does not mention the low fuel indicator. but as eden says it is in the user manual.
richie
victor
Main scooter: Tv175 but currently a SS210 :)

Minority wrote:
victor wrote:So seven pages on, some of you must have fitted it to a Tv/SX type headset. Have you noticed the same issue as described by Sticky in Scootering..?

Really want one, not only for the temp gauge but also for the second mph indicator as my Tv is European with km/h speedo :D
I 've fitted one to mine and I did have clearance problems, even without using the speedo cable (using the electronic sensor).
I still think it's worth fitting, just don't expect it to be "plug & play" as it were.
Not quite sure what you mean by the "second MPH indicator". There is only one speed indicator, it's digital and can be either MPH or KPH but is not changeable on the move.

Thanks for the input.

As in regard to the second indicator, if I look at your image I can see the manual speed indicator as well as a second digital one that reads 0 km/h. Not sure if I've misunderstood something though.... ;)
sideout
Main scooter: SX150/GP Muggy/LiS3 Avanti TT3

Image This is my mk2 SIP fitted to an SX headset using cable drive. No fitting issues at all for me :)
victor
Main scooter: Tv175 but currently a SS210 :)

Eden wrote: Victor, the needle dial reads RPM on these speedos
Thanks for the info Eden - I thought that was customisable, either or... :)

Still getting one though, what I need is the temp reading :D
tonydevon
Main scooter: '71 GP125

read these threads and scared stiff about getting one to work on my scooter, but just discovered that the speedo on the gp project I bought has no needle

oh dear need a new speedo, hmm shiney digital one :)
heavy is good, heavy is reliable, and if it does fail, hit them with it!!!
Minority

sideout wrote:Image This is my mk2 SIP fitted to an SX headset using cable drive. No fitting issues at all for me :)
Lucky you! Nice to know they fit in some SX headsets. Is yours chrome ring/non chrome ring? and maybe yours is a genuine innocenti, I've no idea wahat mine is :lol:

(Like that colour blue by the way)
Minority

tonydevon wrote:read these threads and scared stiff about getting one to work on my scooter, but just discovered that the speedo on the gp project I bought has no needle

oh dear need a new speedo, hmm shiney digital one :)
Go for it! With a GP you shouldn't have any fitment issues, and any other little issues (like running a resistor type plug) can easily be resolved.
eden
Dealer

sideout wrote:As a matter of interest Eden, why did you decide to use the magnetic pick up and not the speedo cable drive?
ive just been out on my scooter with the sip speedo running off the cable with the setting set at .77 like it says in the manual... it reads higher than the gamma speedo. what settings are people entering for the scootrs anti dive front brake speedo drive?
Grumpy225
Main scooter: Gori200, rt195, ld150,rb20

eden wrote:
sideout wrote:As a matter of interest Eden, why did you decide to use the magnetic pick up and not the speedo cable drive?
ive just been out on my scooter with the sip speedo running off the cable with the setting set at .77 like it says in the manual... it reads higher than the gamma speedo. what settings are people entering for the scootrs anti dive front brake speedo drive?

Interesting, mine reads about 3mph fast also (against my gps). Using the same .77 on a standard italian dl hub
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information