Cyclone 5 speed fitting problems

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
hungdog

Not sure of full spec but a fast road tune on a 225 TS1 with 30mm del nk race exhaust, it went great and was a joy to ride for the first 100 miles and then it went third gear could not be selected or so we though but after strip down it was found that the that cogs on the xmas tree could be spun on shaft by hand. It was put together by an experienced shop/ex racer and it has been seen since by a few of the other well known forum members.
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Thanks for the info.

Adam
yozzer
Main scooter: gp200

just had a call from dean at rimini, everyone who had the second batch has to change the xmas tree cos of this problem, great just before euro...
purple_pill67
Main scooter: Jet200

Adam_Winstone wrote:
hungdog wrote:d. For those that do post info of failures, any details/specifics would be useful (e.g. what sort of motor, power, ability of person that fitted it [stated as a joke but thinking about it, this does actually make quite a difference as you'll probably get some nugget fit gears completely wrong or with shimming that allows adjacent cogs to clash, resulting in damage and a claim for a replacement box!], etc.).

Watching with an open mind/ear and happily riding around on my Cyclone kitted Mugello 260cc :)

Adam
The guy I know:
Mugello small block on SX casings IIRC, variotronic, jockeys back brake. not sure on pipe/carb. Not sure on the other bits but they will be decent bits and not cheap indian rubbish. He raced and tuned them in the late 60s. Built a few engines recently.
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

A mate of mine has lost his 3rd gear, spinnining, on a fairly standard set up. My problems were down to a sticking clutch and nothing to do with the gears. Sorted by replacing the bell without a locating pin. I thoroughly recommend the box despite a few niggles... 8-)
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Had a customer in for a Dyno today, with cyclone fitted. He confirmed he's had a recall on his gearbox. I am also aware of one other with 3rd gear spinning being an issue. Seems most dealers are working to resolve the issue for their customers.
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
sydduckett

I know the that the one that was being raced failed after 6 laps with a spinning gear. Said racer now trying to kill the F1 version i believe. I know of another that spat a tooth on the first gear on the way back from cobblesoul on the A12.

Im not to bothered as a racer was always going to break one sooner or later and cobblesoul is part circuit weekend and the person in question does like to give it some.

I havent put mine in yet so will give stuart a buzz and see what he says.
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

Im confused about the christmas tree on these, i cant find a picture of one and wonder whether there's a hole in it like early ones for the clutch bell pin like Timbo seems to be saying was his problem???
Donnie.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Comments noted and will contact Dean directly to see what info he has from his end. I will email Dean at the shop on Monday and let you know of any updates.

Adam
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information