Clutch steels is it ok to?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

Hi all, is it ok to mix the thickness of clutch steels, to take up space in the basket?
bizzly
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Yes, so i have read on here....never had to do it myself....steels and corks
coaster

Perfectly ok, I have a mixture of thick and thin steels and corks in the 5 plate set up on my Avanti all installed in otherwise standard clutch componenets. The advice I was given on here was to aim for as close to 1.5 mm clearance between the top steel and the first friction disk with the clutch fully wound in with a compressor. It took me about 10 tries to get it right but now it doesn't slip or drag (MB springs) and has done close to 1500 miles now.
Angry Bloke

coaster wrote:Perfectly ok, I have a mixture of thick and thin steels and corks in the 5 plate set up on my Avanti all installed in otherwise standard clutch componenets. The advice I was given on here was to aim for as close to 1.5 mm clearance between the top steel and the first friction disk with the clutch fully wound in with a compressor. It took me about 10 tries to get it right but now it doesn't slip or drag (MB springs) and has done close to 1500 miles now.
^ What Colin said but make sure you use the thickest plate closest to the end plate ;)
Je fettle - Tu fettle - Il fettle - Nous fettleons - Vous fettlez - Ils fettlent

"Broadsword calling Danny boy ,Broadsword calling Danny boy ,over "
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

I mix'n'match too :)
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

Cheers Guys, I'm having a play about with spare clutch parts. I've got some time on my hands over Christmas. Thanks again Pete.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information