series 2 200 weird noise/gearing

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
bishopsfinger
Main scooter: vespa gl177

I would have thought that would be noisy all the time,I was out on it earlier and te noise was coming and going,no pattern at all,whatever it's doing it's doing it gently ! Sounds like the whirring noise a sports bike makes if that makes sense?
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

funnily enough I had a similar noise a couple of months back- might be worth checking out that thread:-

http://scooterotica.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23575

Chris
Scootering since 1968.
coaster

If you are certain that the noise is comming from the flywheel side (or only just suspisious) I would recomend taking the flywheel off PDQ as if it is a loose pickup if it or its mounting screw comes loose it will lead to expensive damage :shock:
dapper
Main scooter: The Biriani Bullet

I had an issue on RR4 where one of the plates that sit on top of one of the magnets in the flywheel came away as the screws that hold them in are made of cheese. Luckily French Al had a spare flywheel to replace it. I brought it home and re-glued the plate and replaced the cheesy screw. Might be that.
Compact Toolbox Flywheel Holder
tonydevon
Main scooter: '71 GP125

bishopsfinger wrote:I would have thought that would be noisy all the time,I was out on it earlier and te noise was coming and going,no pattern at all,whatever it's doing it's doing it gently ! Sounds like the whirring noise a sports bike makes if that makes sense?
hmm, a whirring sound like a sports bike, intermittent.....

does it only happen when at the traffic lights while next to a sports bike??
heavy is good, heavy is reliable, and if it does fail, hit them with it!!!
bishopsfinger
Main scooter: vespa gl177

hi all and thanks for your replies,ill get it apart at the weekend and report back!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information