Mikuni TMX32

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
lockman69

Any body using the Mikuni TMX or TM 32 mm carb?

With the TMX35 considered by some to be a bit big and thirsty and the TMX30 possibly a bit on the small side, wouldn’t the TMX32 be a good compromise?

Is there somthing i should know about this carb as it seems that nobody is using it.

Cheers
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

TM32 is a flatslide. TMX32 is a D slide. Only person I know using a TM32 is on a Rapido 250 so jetting wouldn't be any help.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

corrado wrote:TM32 is a flatslide. TMX32 is a D slide. Only person I know using a TM32 is on a Rapido 250 so jetting wouldn't be any help.
Had a local chap with a TM32 on a Rapido 250, ran horrid, now has a TMX35mm and is very happy! :D
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Dazza
Main scooter: S3 LI Rapido 225

I have a TM30 on a Rapido 225 and it runs just fine, just bloody thirsty!
If it aint broke.........tinker with it.....
mawso

Previously I used a TMX32. It was considered too big by many for the barrel I matched it to, although, after a dyno session at Chiselspeed my RS190 recorded 18.5bhp.

It was instant throttle response...no waaaaarp waaaaarp, just wing wing!! It was excellent in my opinion.

Also as mentioned in another thread about carbs for TS1's - I know a guy who runs the 32TMX on his TS and it's smooth, responsive & fairly economical.

They are brilliant pottering at 1/4 throttle in 4th and then open it up and the response is clean and crisp.

Others must use them or Chiselspeed, Scooter Surgery and other scooter dealers would stop selling them.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information