Series 2 side case on TS1??

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Rich

I've heard that the Series 2 side cases without the later extra ribs can crack on a tuned motor - any one actually had this happen (rather than it happened to a mate of my sisters boyfriend in 1974 :lol: )

I've been running a standard TS1 with one of these and a longer SX200 kickstart for a few years with no probs but its now about to be rebuilt so seems a good time to change. Just means that I will have to shell out more bucks so would prefer not to change if I dont need to!!

Cheers Rich
coaster

I had a chromed S2 crancase side on my Mk1 186 Mugello which only lasted a thousand miles or so before cracking round the kickstart boss. It was an indian one so who knows whaar abuse it had had before it reached me :?
goldeneye

brother in law runs a series 2 with a TS1 in, that has the smooth crankcase cover and short kickstart, and he"s had no problems, been together 3 years ....and he"s 25 stone so puts some welly on it! never seen one go to be honest, probably some crack, and some dont?
joeswoonara
Main scooter: jet ts1

i had the smooth sidecasing on my ts240 lasted about 10 kicks then disintergrated ......i changed to a gp one
never squat down when wearing spurs !!
soulsurfer

In for a penny, in for a pound Rich ;)
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
ArmandTanzarian

You've already spent about a million quid on this engine. They're only £40 from Scooter Restorations, why spoil the ship for a ha'porth of tar.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

Why do you think Messrs Innocenti modified it.........................?
Scootering since 1968.
blue

I had one on my ts1 for more than 20,000 miles then broke it this year after fitting a m-tech unit and over advancing the timing causing the engine to kick back when trying to start it.
Rich

Thats good enough for me guys, thanks for the replys - bugger, more expense!
jonny snatchsniffer

blue wrote:I had one on my ts1 for more than 20,000 miles then broke it this year after fitting a m-tech unit and over advancing the timing causing the engine to kick back when trying to start it.
yeah but most decent auto advance units, no doubt the mtec too do not start from the word go so you find out the curve and go from there, ie it might say it goes from 24 retarding to 17 but at 1000 rpm it will be at 20 so you dont get the backfire so to speak then at say 2000-3000 it goes to full advance and retards from there if you get my drift, alot of jap stuff does it also in conjunction with openening the exhaust valve to keep compression down a bit to ease starting
f@@k all to do with s2 covers but there you go
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information